• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on a new sand paint job.

bbbang

After two years in the planning stage, I finally got around to sanding, priming and starting the repainting process on my deuce with the help of a few friends. So far I really like the sand color. I used two part primer and gilispe paint. I should get finshed up before the end of the weekend. I debated on black or sand on the wheels, and have decided to go with black. I am going to re-stencil the truck latter this coming week and put my hard top on for winter. It should be ready for the local Christmas parade in Nov. I will post some final pictures latter, maybe with my M2hb on. Chris

Attachments

yeager1

When I painted my truck sand (with CARC over original sand carc) I was surprised how redish it looked. I drove it down to the Army Guard base and parked it between a newer FMTV and a 925A2, stood back and looked at all 3 and they were the exact same color. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this color new? I got my paint from BAE systems so I know it's current, but it looks different from the older sand color? Is the Gilispe slightly red?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the consensus, everyone, is Gillipsie Sand color 383 CARC simulation paint a really close match in color and flatness? I know it won't have the sandpaper texture of the original CARCs.

CanonNinja

I'm so jealous right now. I've been working on acquiring the parts I need to get my truck ready for paint, and still saving for single tires. Hopefully by christmas I'll have my truck looking like that. Kudos!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You have hit it exactly the way I'm trying to get mine once I have the money.

What type of box is occupying the spare tire spot? Is that from an 813?? I may dump my second fuel tank plan to put this in place.

Are you carrying a spare in the bed? Any chance a spare could be put under frrame in the rear??

Awesome

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks