• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

missing slave cable receptacle

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was under the impression that all M35A2s came from the factory with a slave cable receptacle. I picked up one from GL a few weeks ago that doesn't have one. I don't mean somebody removed it. I mean there's not even a hole there so it couldn't have had one any time in it's life. Has anybody else seen a M35A2 without the hole?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My dropside I just built didn't have one. I have a nato recepticle for you if you need one.
Thanks Gimp but I've got some extras. The truck is for sale in the classifieds right now (shameless plug :wink:) so I'm not going to add one anyway. I just thought it was odd that it didn't have one.

What I do need is some cable ends. I've got a bunch of welding leads and I need to make up some slave cables.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in the opposite boat as Ty, I have a pair of ends, waiting on some affordable welding cable to brew up a second slave cable. My M275A2 and the M108 were sans slave ports.

LanceRobson

I don't think any of the M44 series had factory installed slave receptacles (unless it was the late '80s ones)

Sometimes we added them without installing a heater. We always added them when we installed the standard heater kit, though, and they used to be a component part of the arctic kit.

For some years before I retired we started leaving the two pin plugs and adding NATO receptacles below them and either ran both sets of cables to the battery box or ran them in parallel. That did away with the "Who's got a NATO adapter?" and "Gee...all we got is a two pin cable!" silliness.

Lance

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The late 80's USAF trucks DIDNT have a factory slave receptical. The USAF didnt ask for them in the contracts, nor did they ask for pioneer tool mount/kit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks