• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Food service for Ga Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Clinto has cleared it with our host (Durhamtown Plantation) for us to serve food to SS members at the rally.
Mike from SC is bringing his MKT so we will have a clean food prep area.
Before I get wrapped around the axle on this I need input from those attending as to whether it is wanted or needed.
Mike and I think we can serve decent meals for around 4 bucks each.
Since I know folks are on budgets we are offering free meals to anyone willing to assist with clean up (yea lets call it what it is...KP) for the duration.
I will arrive Thursday afternoon and Mike should already be there...we may or may not have an evening meal that day.
Fri, Sat, and Sunday (morning only) we would like to serve meals.
If enough folks want to participate we will add this to the game plan.
It will not be fancy food but we plan on making it tasty and cheaper than the storebought food at the Plantation.
If enough folks are game I will purchase supplies to bring and get reimbursed from the kitty....any profit will be given to Clinto to help defray his costs for hosting the rally.
We would ask that you either bring your own reusable eating utinsiles or some paper plates and cups to donate to the cause.
Please reply on this thread...my PM box is already stuffed.

exbrown

Sounds like a great plan. Make sure you charge enough to make it worth Mike bringing the MKT, and your time. You may want to set out a donation bucket as well. I for one would be really appreciative.

Are you preparing SOS for breakfast? :wink:

Alredneck

Banned
Sounds like I need to go talk to my " in " the Army buddies, and scrounge up some rations! **** on a shingle anybody?:-D

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a good plan to me...

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day ya know..LOL

scooter01922

A mans gotta eat...i think its a fantastic idea. I'll be there and most likely broke so good food cheap sounds like just the thing.

poppop

Sounds like a good idea to me if it won't take up to much of your playtime. You can count me and the Wife in. If grits are on the breakfast menu I can bring some ground from corn grown here on the farm and plenty of homemade cane syrup if you are going to make something that needs soppin.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We were planning on trying pancakes, since I have two griddles on the MKT so syrup would come in handy. What we really need is a headcount, so we have some clue as to how much to purchase ahead of time. I have the Army TM 10-412 (Master Menu) on cards so if we can find someone who can read, and give us directions, we can cook. But I know all their recipies are for 100 (IE 43.5 pounds of potatoes for a mashed potato recipie, and 1.75 pounds of coffee and 6.75 gallons of water per meal for drinking, 100 pints of milk for breakfast, etc.) - get your headcount in as quick as possible so we can shop!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Are you preparing SOS for breakfast? :wink:
No self-respecting military camp would be without the much beloved/hated breakfast fare known as SOS. It is on the menu for breakfast each day.

Poppop...grits are on the menu as well.....your contribution would be greatly appreciated...and digested.

I can get an approximate headcount from the thread.....just let me know how many are in your party.

I am bringing 50 pounds of spuds and a big bag of rice.....I am also going to see if i can get a case price on whole chickens.

I know it is late for gardens but if anyone has fresh produce they want to contribute to the cause it will be welcomed.

We would also take any kind of meat if anyone is cleaning out a freezer (Bambie meat is fine....I am high on the food chain and like it that way).

Since it will be cool a nice thick soup would be good to ward off the chill.

It looks like the "ayes" have it.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm supposed to be comin with Gimpy so count me in...gimp can speak for himself :twisted: :twisted:

WPNS421

Hi Mike Can you move the rally closer to the Cdn border, sounds like a good deal you have going, too bad you're to far. Good luck, make sure you post pictures.

poppop

Richard, I still have my produce stand open. Tomatoes are out of season here now but I am buying some great ones to sell at the stand. I can bring a 25 pound box if you can use them or more, your call. My pardner grows fall produce, Is mustard greens a possibility?? With the cooler weather I could bring some to cook early on. If we have Mustard then we need lacy cornbread, I can bring farm grown and ground cornmeal for that. Now how about those afternoon hungries, could some fresh boiled peanuts come in handy?? We will still be picking them fresh and I can bring some and boil them up.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that syrup poppop makes is super.. that is one of the best ideas WM has had in a long time... i bet his new wife is behind this... she has more sense than himself.. :roll:

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have deer burger I will bring and I think I have some deer sausage that is realy good I will see how much I have and let you .

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OH SURE!!!

Wait until you are sure I can't come...then come up with these most excellent ideas!!:cry:
Sounds like you fellers have the beginning of a "mess tent" to be proud of:!:

Heck...I just might resign from everything I do and show up for the chow:roll:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
we all know work comes first... but that will be some super nice chow... as long as WM aint the head cook we will be doing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks