• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking about getting a M35A2

Myron

I am thinking about getting a deuce. I don't know much about these trucks and have no clue what they're worth or what to look for. I went to look at one today and this is what I recall. It is a 1971, Hercules multifuel turbo diesel, pop up windshield, no winch, fold down troop seats in the bed, heater, soft top, hard doors, 5 speed manual,and air brakes asking $4000. Runs and drives good but is it worth the asking price? a few things that scare me are the owner says it has a/c but couldn't get it nor the heater/defrost to work. 4th and 5th gear are reversed. passenger windshield wiper doesn't work. and the odometer reads 34xxx miles. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I am finding it difficult to navigate the forum so help there would also be appreciated.

Myron

I would be trading my el camino for the truck. but if you want to drive to AL we could talk. How do I know it is an OD tranny? It has a granny 1st.

monkeythumbs

4K is probally about right for a truck thats been gone over by someone. The mileage isn't really an issue because the motors and gauges probally have and haven't been switched out in its military career, in other words you "could" have a gauge thats 12 years old and an engine thats only 6 years old. Works the other way also. Bottom line as long as you feel its worth it to you "price-wise" thats all that matters. Everything can be be repaired/upgraded/replaced at your convience. There are a few members from your area that may chime in and offer you there opinion, or one of those guys could be your seller too.

GoHot229

Well if you dont have a 'clue' , then you came to the right place to find one. There is such a wealth of information here on just about every concievable part and operation of the Deuce, you could spend months reading related posts. About $4500 is a starting price for a runner in good shape. Of course you could buy from a Government Liquidation sale for mabe $1500, but really that is ill-advisable for a Green novice (no pun intended) It's for those with the patience and knowledge of the workings of GL, which has not held a very good track record in their performance. But Welcome and start gathering Deuce info asap if you think you might just get one, you'll not be sorry.

frodobaggins

Doesn't wreckerman live in Gadsen AL ? You should check with him, he may have a deuce for sale and is an A1 honest and good guy. He is also a little weird, but that kinda comes with the territory :)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a nice M35A2 with winch and hardtop for sale for $3,500. Don't need an El Camino though :wink:.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks