• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Piston size?

tjmarco

Since my mutt was low on compresion (below 70) I pulled the head today.My cuestion is,the pistons dont have the size on them,should I assume they are standard(stock)? they do have a notch pointing forward. Any help would be apreciated so I can order parts. Not much play in the pistons in the bore,so I will put new rings and rod bearings,just need to know what size rings to order.Again THANKS

markcos

their will be a S on the top center of the piston for standerd , use something to scrach the carbon away real good , 10 on the top is for 10 over and so on , be sure to check the specs in the book with your parts ,and dont beleive the rebuild tag on the side of the block

tjmarco

Thanks Markcos! I will check again,I allready cleaned the top off the pistons and did not see anything,but maybe I missed it .Again Thanks for the reply!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
S, STD or no markings usually denote standard pistons. Make sure you hone the cylinders with a bar hone to deglaze and put a good x-hatch back in them. If you don't, you'll ahve built a large oil pump.

tjmarco

Thanks! Bar Hone? I have the 3 leg hone thing,is that the one? How many pases or spins do you recomend ? I dont want to take to much off,right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks