• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some burping info

panzerjunky

Got all my hoses changed ( Thanks to the great set from Will Wagner ) loose bracket on radiator fixed all is good but...... I am asumeing that I drained all the coolant out of my truck although the rear wheels sit aprox 23 inches lower than my front tires Damm this slopped driveway.
Anyway I remember reading that the coolant capacity on this truck is about 8 gallons I have put in 3 1/2 and the rad is full. I opened the petcock on the heater got a little air then ran the truck for aprox 35 to 40 min shut it off let it cool down a bit ant the coolant had not dropped a bit.
I know there is at least 3.5 gal of coolant in the system possibly it didnt all drain when I pulled the lower hose .
if I run it say 10 miles then park on a level side street to cool a bit for a recheck would this kill anything even though there might only be 3.5 gal of coolant in the system.
sorry to be such a momo but this is my first diesel and ya is a tad different.
Thanks for any help fellas.
Thanks Again Jerry

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the best luck pulling one of the pipe plugs in the intake manifold right at the stat and installing a petcock. They are kinda a biatch to fill. If you have a radiator pressure tester, fill it, install the tester and pump it up 'till the coolant comes out of the petcock. If you don't have a tester, just fill it with as much as it will hold and run it at an elevated idle 'till the stat opens and it will burp itself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks