• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me with my quest for a m1008 to swap a 4bt in

12vctd

ok I am looking for a m10008 or 1028 really just any of the pickup could be a contact truck also but i dont need the box, same with ambulance. The reason i am asking is I went to but a 1008 today that was listed locally and the price was right, but I am wanting a truck to repower with a 4bt and build a custom bed on. this truck was too nice to hack up, motor ran like a top, bed was in great condition and thou i could sell all the great parts off the truck I just fell bad about tearing up a running truck that could suit someelse fine. THis truck just needed a little paint and it would be perfect for most looking for the military restoration. I guess I feel bad for all the m35's that a friend had bought years ago that we just torched up so he could have me cut the rockwells and sell them for the offroad crowd. Ton of great parts i watched him just haul off to scrap. Now back to what im looking for. Just basically any of the pickup chassis bed can be missing or rotting away. Motor trans, transfer can be gone too, basically all I need is cab hood fenders frame and leaf springs and axles. I am wanting to do a build of my own spin on what the CUCV should have been. Anyone who might have a non running truck around PM me. I am also checking GL but in my research it seems that GL can be somewhat of a pain. I am still researching the fourms to get educated on GL and I might just go that route. But I figured I would just ask never know what I might find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks