• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Order of events?

JCKnife

OK, I won a Deuce at GL auction in Frankfort and an ammo trailer at Wright Patt in OH. Same event.

Submitted my EUC and DL scan this morning, Heidi confirmed.

EUC can take 40-60 days but auction invoice says loadout within 14 days of paid invoice. How does that work? I can't pick up until I have the EUC...

Also at what point do I submit the SF-97? I'll have to do some more reading but just trying to get the sense of what order / what comes next.

Thanks for any advice.

fsudad1958

You will be charged for your purchase now. The invoice will not be maked paid untill your EUC clears. Then the 14 days start. You can not submit for the SF-97 untill you pick up the truck and trailer as you have to verify the vin # .before you can submit.

Andy1234

You won't receive a paid invoice until the EUC clears (even if it takes 2 months).

An SF-97 can be filed the day after you remove it from the GL lot (I say day after because this gives them time to log that it has been removed from their possession).

Basically, sit tight till the EUC clears, then you've got 2 weeks to get it. Once you've retieved your purchases from the GL lot, then file for the SF-97's.

Andy

JCKnife

You will be charged for your purchase now. The invoice will not be maked paid untill your EUC clears. Then the 14 days start. You can not submit for the SF-97 untill you pick up the truck and trailer as you have to verify the vin # .before you can submit.
But if I need the SF-97 to title it, how can I drive it home?

roscoe

You will have to try and get a temporary transport tag. I drove all of mine home and didn't do this, however I did have insurance. I was told I need to get the tag through the State I was picking the truck up from and I thought it was too much of a hassle.(wouldn't recomend this as I did get a ticket for no registration bringing home my last truck).

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending on your state and the state you pick it up in, you might be able to get a temp tag. In other states it may not be required. In some states it may not be possible.

You need to research your situation and go from there. Just a guess, but I would bet "a lot" of people who drive them home just get er done. That doesn't make it right or legal, but it's what's easiest. I would worry more about INSURANCE than anything. That and make sure the truck is safe enough to be driven home.

The good news is your EUC will drag on long enough that you have time to research your situation completely. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks