• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CARC Gillespie 383 green color difference

Dieselsmoke

Not much to worry about. You can have two gallons of paint from the same manufacturer and if they aren't from the same lot number will be different, although they have gotten a lot better nowdays.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its just fresh and not faded. The CARC is really good paint but all of it fades and oxidizes.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A note about the bracket in the image above . The light fixture/housing is grounded via its mounting screws to this bracket and the bracket must have a solid ground connection to the fender in order for the lights to work right.
The bracket is obviously painted on both sides and will need ground piercing tooth washers for a good electrical connection. This is not shown in any manual that I have, but keep that in mind when mounting this piece.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just started spraying carc i got from alpha heaven on saturday. It's 383 green and it doesen't look like that at all. Mabye it's my monitor, but mine turned out the color of the grass/leaves in the yard. I was suprised how close the pigment was to vegetation.
By the way, Does anyone know how to get CARC off of your hands?
Iv'e tried everything acitone, thinners, gas, diesel, brake cleaner, carb cleaner, soap. Everything i can think of and my hands are still green!!!
Before i get flamed for not wearing gloves, It soaked through the rubber ones i had.

da_sgt

ken

I would get new Quality gloves!!! CARC contains ISOCINATES, very very bad stuff :!: This stuff gets absorbed through your skin :!: Your entire body needs protection, no bare skin and you need a FRESH AIR respirator :!: Can't use the old "I'm holding my breath, and spraying outdoors" line. Use extreme caution :!:

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jed, Sorry on the pics. My comp at home is dead. As far as the thinner goes. I tried that too. I ended up taking some scotch brite and rubbed most of it off. Still not clean though.
Dasgt Yea i think i'm going to use chem gloves to finish the truck!

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, whilst you are poisioning yourself with the paint, you can clean your hands & such with MEK (methyl-ethyl-keytone). Makes for really nice tumors!

dg

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jed,
When you sprayed the G paint, were you able to get that sand paper rough finish like the CARC?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks