• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oops... guess I bought a deuce by accident

Mark3395

Yep, didn't mean to, but got it. Last week's aution 4737, '87 AF 35A2C, item 6008 at Warner Robbins.

I actually meant to just get the thing listed at the top of my bid page so I could keep an eye on it as I got more serious about a shop equipment set... Decided to let both go.

But drat... I won the thing for an embarassingly low price. Now the question is: why?

The pics look generally OK... clevises removed so so I it was possibly towed in, minor head gasket seep at the usual place (can't tell contract date on the White engine). Here's my goofy question: Was anybody out there diligent enough to make some notes on this truck? What's it look like?

I'll be driving it 900 miles home later this month if all goes well. Likely in conjunction with another truck, so we'll have self-recovery ability.

Poop. I should stick to candy bars for impulse buys.

Last edited:

Peepaw

Mark I'm only home on weekends, but if you happen to need any help around a weekend getting it loaded or anything else drop me a line. I live just around the corner from your truck and have access to lots of tools. Be glad to be of any help that I can.

Mark3395

Well, it's great to know that I can drop it off someplace.

And it's great to know that I'm not the only one to find himself the surprised winner.

Peepaw, I certainly appreciate your offer to help. I'll be sure to contact you if I'm there on a weekend you'll be around.

Do you know of another SSer who will be visting WR in the next couple weeks? Perhaps he could take a look at it to see if I need to bring anything simple down... like an engine.

I'll be calling the yard next week and will try to get some info on it, but it's so large that I doubt they'll know anything.

I need to be at Ft. Benning starting about the 18th and will pick up a 109 that Troy is fixing at Papabear's shop. Should give me time to get over there.

What fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks