• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tongue weight?

wiggall

I think the duece would handle it, but I do not think that the trailer would:!: By the photo the trailer looks to be a light trailer with the wheels too far back:cry:

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Standard and accepted practice for tag-along trailers is to have 10% of the total trailer weight on the hitch. More is better. I agree with Wiggall, your duece will handle way more than that trailer can carry. Check your weights and measures data plate, that will give the approprate trailer capacity, use 10% and you will have the proper hitch weight.

Flea

Considering the cargo capacity is 10,000 over-the-road, I'd say you're good for anything the vehicle will pull; the pintle is rated at around 49,000 lbs gross weight, IIRC, so I'd figure that it's capacity is around 10-12K vertical load, but I could be wrong.

Alex400

Considering the cargo capacity is 10,000 over-the-road, I'd say you're good for anything the vehicle will pull; the pintle is rated at around 49,000 lbs gross weight, IIRC, so I'd figure that it's capacity is around 10-12K vertical load, but I could be wrong.
for the pintle, but for the truck wouldn't it be around 1000# of tongue weight if the maximum towed load is 10,000#?

DeuceNewb

i'm not asking how to tow, or if my trailer is strong enough. I asked what the DEUCE HITCH could take. Ignore my trailer.
From what others have said, it appears as if the pintle can take 10,000. which sucks because i have a set of truck nuts that weigh 11K that i wanted to hand from the pintle hook

Mark2X2

What's the max tongue weight for the deuce? I got a trailer that will be placing a good bit of weight on the tongue, and i was wondering how much the deuce can handle. I know my jeep won't be a problem, but with larger vehicles i want to be safe.
It connects to the factory pintle

pic is too big for your system to handle, but here is direct link

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt321/dirtymike72/beater 2doorxj/DSCN3189.jpg
I just bought this hitch for towing my M101A1 behind my pick up. it's a 15 ton, with 4,000 pounds tongue weight. Comparing that to the hitch on my Deuce, The Deuce hitch has to be at least half again as heavy.
Buyers 15-Ton Capacity Steel Pintle Hook | Towing Hooks | Northern Tool + Equipment
Mark
M35A2 Deuce
M105A2 Trailer
M101A1 Trailer
3) Rokons

tm america

dont think you would have any problem getting ride of the trailer all together and just hang the jeep from the hitch with some bungie cords . do you guys ask silly questions just to ask i haul my 12000lb backhoe with my duece backed onto the trailer with probably 7000-8000lb tongue weight and still dont even know it's back there i dont think you'll start having issues till you get over 10.000lds tongue weight i dont think the rear cross member will take much more than that but the hitch will hold more

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks