• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M543A2 wrecker engine swap

rizzo

I was thinking of swaping the 465 out and putting a cummins in. I will be getting the whole truck so I will have all the little parts that come with it. I'm gonna swap the trans with the motor. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That will work but remember you need all the sheet metal on the nose too as the hood and such is longer. Not sure about front mounts but pretty sure the rears are the same. Have you tried to light that LDS engine yet? Also, the guy in Ft Laud has the PTO and shaft at his farm up in Live Oak FL. He wants $300 for both (ouch)!

rizzo

Recovry4x4 said:
That will work but remember you need all the sheet metal on the nose too as the hood and such is longer. Not sure about front mounts but pretty sure the rears are the same. Have you tried to light that LDS engine yet? Also, the guy in Ft Laud has the PTO and shaft at his farm up in Live Oak FL. He wants $300 for both (ouch)!
I am gonna wait on that. I might buy a truck on GL that has both. How do i get a hold of the guy about the hydro motor?

I havn't even got it off the trailer yet! I will try to start it as soon as I get it home! I don't think the trans is bad they just took the top or it off for somthing else. If the engine runs, I'm gonna find a new top, through in some lube and try it that way.

rizzo

I got the motor to turn. It fired when I sprayed starting fluid in it. I'm gonna stop till I get the tanks cleaned and filters changed. Anyone have filter numbers and some info ? it looks like alot of filters to change.
I found a date on the trans that says 67 on it. the rebuild tag says 91 on trans and t-case and rear PTO power divider.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks