• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air o matic steering kit-cheapest place to buy complete?

tjcouch

I've never installed one, however by looking at the parts and pieces in photos, seems basic hand tools would get the task done. Someone that has installed one should chime in.
The only thing unusual might be big jack stand to hold both front tires off the ground, a 1" drill bit, deep impact sockets for getting the old axle U bolts off, pot of near-boiling water to heat up the hoses to receive the fittings, liquid wrench for everything to be removed, and remember NOT to install the air regulator should you kit have one.

For more on my install experience:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/34479-air-o-matic-install-completed-pics.html

jatonka

I have installed 6 air-o-matic kits on M35 Deuces and I don't jack any wheels off the ground. I have no problem with the brand new black frame mounted regulators. Agreed the civilian kits don't have them. No special tools needed. JT

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It took me most of the day, but I am slow. No special tools, alot of elbow grease on the axle bolts. I used the supplied safety valve, no issues with it at all. What is the 1" drill bit for? I did not need it.

frodobaggins

It took me most of the day, but I am slow. No special tools, alot of elbow grease on the axle bolts. I used the supplied safety valve, no issues with it at all. What is the 1" drill bit for? I did not need it.
To drill through the frame to run hoses, a lot of people skip that and just tie around.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Older frames do not have a hole where the elbow comes through the frame.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks