• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strangest items requireing an EUC

greenjeepster

All the the talk about bikes and lawn mowers and such requiring EUCs got me thinking about some of the things I have wondered about in the past. The one item that I looked at in disbelief that took the cake for me was a horse. Yes a real live army horse at Fort Sam Houston if I remember correctly. The pictures of the nag even showed the carvery brand on its neck. Makes you wonder who they hire to classify this stuff. I am expecting to see bomb dogs listed someday with code Q status:-D

Chief_919

Probably my favorite example of EUC stupidity was some trailer mounted AC units.

3/4 ton trailer. 5kW generator, and the AC unit. No EUC.

But had just the trailer, or just the generator been sold, EUC city....

1qwkgoat

Did you not know that goverment agencies are required to waste a certain amount of tax payer money each year. The EUC system is just one of the ways they meet there annual quota.:-D

dittle

There was a 15ft John boat w/ trailer up here in St. Paul last year that required an EUC. No motor (outboard or trolley) was even on the boat. Must have been the wheels bearings off some fighter plane that made it an issue.......:roll:

datsunaholic

Up here we had canoes. I mean, freaking fibreglas Coleman canoes right out of the MWR shed. Missing Paddles. EUC required. Must have been special force-recon canoes. Low RADAR cross-section? Well, they were green.

Then they had a bunch of aluminum rowboats... same thing. EUC required. Except they were yellow. But like the canoes, had MWR numbers painted on them.

But when they had a couple NCW (Naval Coastal Warfare) Boston Whalers with gunmount pads, NO EUC. Go figure.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
And it ain't just the EUC's...how about the mutilation orders?

Aircraft wing...and I mean just a wing...gotta be mutilated on site? Well...OK...maybe that one...but this one was an obvious boo boo and it was at Ft Benning, GA.... no chit:

I'm paraphrasing here....:
3 Pallets of floor polishing buffers. Pallets included in sale. Mutilation required before title to equipment passes to buyer?:p

So I guess the EUC would read...I intend to purchase said buffers so I can mutilate them and have a really big pile of chit to sell for less than I paid:-x

OK...actually there was no EUC or mutilation required after my buddy who won them asked some questions...just a simple mistake by some simple folks performing a simple task:roll:

greenjeepster

And it ain't just the EUC's...how about the mutilation orders?

Aircraft wing...and I mean just a wing...gotta be mutilated on site? Well...OK...maybe that one...but this one was an obvious boo boo and it was at Ft Benning, GA.... no chit:

I'm paraphrasing here....:
3 Pallets of floor polishing buffers. Pallets included in sale. Mutilation required before title to equipment passes to buyer?:p

So I guess the EUC would read...I intend to purchase said buffers so I can mutilate them and have a really big pile of chit to sell for less than I paid:-x

OK...actually there was no EUC or mutilation required after my buddy who won them asked some questions...just a simple mistake by some simple folks performing a simple task:roll:
LOL: Knox sells off fired brass all the time that has to be crushed prior to removal. Even .223 brass which would be great for reloading and you can buy any day of the week at the sporting goods shop. The bigger stuff is useless to the average civilian anyway and with brass selling for what it does as scrap, that would most likely be the end of it anyway.

They should give this forum the contract to dispose of this stuff, we would get it done much cheaper and quickly. Hell most of the stuff would not even need to be listed for action cause we would just buy it on the spot:wink: I would work 2-3 days a week for nothing, just to be able to look through all the stuff coming through the door:smile:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks