• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what size door in shed for a deuce

croftonaviation

while sitting here waiting for my euc to come back I am planning a new equipment building for my farm. It is going to have several bays, one of which will be for the deuce. What is a good size door for getting a deuce in and out. I don't plan on having a tarp and bows if that makes a difference. Thanks for the advice.

steelandcanvas

while sitting here waiting for my euc to come back I am planning a new equipment building for my farm. It is going to have several bays, one of which will be for the deuce. What is a good size door for getting a deuce in and out. I don't plan on having a tarp and bows if that makes a difference. Thanks for the advice.
I have a 12 foot door, 14 feet wide. Never a problem with that size.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The resources section of this site has all the vehicle dimensions that you could possibly need to answer your question... All you will have to do is decide how much of a "fudge-factor" you want to add for side clearance... AKA How sober will you be when backing the Deuce in:?::!::?::!::?:

gunboy1656

Build the barn, leave some loose studs on one end, back the truck up and drive through. then add a foot on each side, and there is your door size.

Srjeeper

Really shouldn't go less than 12' X 12' or you could run into side clearance problems with the mirrors.

Don't ask how I learned this....:oops:

Srjeeper

Ok, I've got to ask since you left it hanging out there :twisted:

When I put up my first equipment barn I had a 12' X 10' rollup door in the front. When it was all done I went to back my dump truck and trailer in, the trucks mirrors wouldn't go thru the door. :doh:

I was so concerned with the height of the door, I overlooked the width. :cookoo:

So that's now the horse barn and I put up another for the equipment & OD toys and yes it has a BIG door. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks