• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

98 m35a3 tire stays flat, tube time?

Tranham

Ok, spent $400 trying to fix one tire that goes flat again and again. It appears to be an issue with the weld where the O ring goes (maybe). I could try and weld and clean it up but I think after all the time and effort so far a tube would be the better route. Anyone try this yet? Would need to drill a hole for the valve stem. Honestly I am looking for long term solutions that I can do for all the tires as I expect other tires will continue the trend. Any pitfalls I need to consider?

Thanks

Robert

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your CTIS isn't still hooked up is it?

Wonder if you could add silicone to the sealing area to stop the leak? I'm just down the road from you and would be glad to look at the tire/wheel as I have the tools to mount/dismount it.

rwoods

If you are sure it is the O-ring here is advice offered me by Westech:

I used Black RTV in the squirt can and sealed my rims with o rings on my 5 ton. The rims hat I got done 2.5 years ago last time I was home are still holding air.

If you have not eliminated the possibility that it is one of the ctis connectiions, you can do this by placing a valve stem on the rim pipe stem and reinflating the tire thus bypassing all of the ctis. If it holds air then your problem is in the ctis. If it doesn't, it is either the tire, the rim or your newly fitted valve stem. You can make your own valve stem with a valve stem fitting and a brass adapter. Valve stems fittings are usually found in either the well pump section of your DYI store or the air compressor section of the same or auto parts store. Either place should carry the 1/8" npt to 3/8" npt brass adapter.
If it is the O-ring and you don't want to tear the tire down and if your not worried about clogging up your ctis, you might want to try some tire sealer, such as Berryman's or Tire Slime. Hope you figure it out before it wears you out.

Tranham

Thanks all. CTIS is toast. The tire guys tried some sealer around the O-Ring and it did not work but I'm not sure what kind it was. The CTIS valve has been capped off and the water test shows the leak at the O ring. I hope to try something else soon to eliminate the problem.

Robert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks