• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whre does the idiot light connect?

motormayhem

Which coolant sensor is the idiot light for overheating connected to. I want to replace it with the probe for my temp gauge. I know there are two sensors on the block and one is drivers head rear and one is forward drivers head. Which is the idiot light one? I have read things where people suggest both to use for the temp probe but I don't want to remove the one for high idle or glow plugs.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know you guys are probably sick and tired of hearing this but, for a question like this, why not look in the tm 9-2320-289-20P? There is a nice picture that shows where it is located and on the next page, it has the part number and description also!

It was not hard to find, I just looked at the Table of Contents(front of the TM) .
0610 - SENDING UNITS AND WARNING SWITCHES . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 46-1
ENGINE OIL PRESSURE AND WATER TEMPERATURE SENDING UNITS . . . . . . . 46-1
and clicked on the link to that page! (figure 46)

If you just take the time to understand which TMs cover what, they will help you so much, you will wonder how you ever lived without them!

The temp light sending unit is on the DS front of the head. Item number 1

SECTION II TM9-2320-289-20P
(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
ITEM SMR PART
NO CODE CAGEC NUMBER DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODES (UOC) QTY
GROUP 0610 SENDING UNITS AND
WARNING SWITCHES
FIG. 46 ENGINE OIL PRESSURE AND
WATER TEMPERATURE SENDING UNITS
1 PAOZZ 11862 25037177 TRANSMITTER,TEMPERA 1
2 PAOZZ 11862 14071047 SWITCH,COLD AVANCE 1
3 PAOZZ 11862 14040817 ELBOW,PIPE 1
4 PAOZZ 11862 3815936 SWITCH,PRESSURE 1
END OF FIGURE

46-

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice info. So, you can connect a temp guage to that sensor and get a good reading? Cool.

NO! That sensor is calibrated for the for the light to come on at a certain temperature, not for a gauge!

Buckmaw

You know, I just logged on to see if I could find this info.

I installed a gauge tonight and was wondering where to put the probe and if disconnecting the idiot light would mess things up.

motormayhem

You know, I just logged on to see if I could find this info.

I installed a gauge tonight and was wondering where to put the probe and if disconnecting the idiot light would mess things up.
Great minds think alike. I did mine this afternoon and am getting readings between 170 and 190 are these normal?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks