• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beware of Bio Bears

SasquatchSanta

Sorry I don't have any pictures to go along with this post but the guy that this story is about is not in any mood to have me or anyone else showing up at his house wanting to take pictures.

Firrst off --- To lay a little ground work --- the Orr, Crane Lake Minnesota area where I live and where this story happened is serious black bear country Black Bear Viewing at the Vince Shute Wildlife Sanctuary - The American Bear Association

I have a friend that lives in Crane Lake and commutes the 60 miles round trip to Orr were he works as a mechanic. Several years ago, to cut commute espenses he bought a VW rabbit diesel and modified it to burn waste veg oil. A couple of years ago he upgraded to an old Mercedes diesel sedan. He uses a dual fuel system that starts on diesel and then pulls from a veg oil (VO) tank located in the truck after the system warms up.

I'm told there has been a large (estimated 300 pound) bear loitering around his house --- sniffing around his in-garage VO operation. The other night "Bruno" decided to find out what smelled so tempting in the trunk of the Mercedes. He tore the rear quarter panel off the Mercedes literally ripping the sheet metal and then tore out the rear fender well to gain access to the goodies in the trunk. I'm told the car is totaled.

It's cold enough up here now that the bears are hybernation but next spring I'm going to be a little more careful about what I leave, food wise, in my vehicles.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sounds like an application for a neon sign transformer rigged on a pushbutton switch. When the bear is in contact, just tap the switch. He will not like the 5000 volt jolt and will run off. Too late now I suppose.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Drunk bears are quite docile Tennessee Colonel....

Just offer em a beer and a little bamboo and they are friends for life....WARNING:!:

This technique has only been tested on Panda Bears to date:roll:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks