• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce and a half trailers

jollyroger

O.K. I read the other posts about deuce and a half trailers and I am still cornfused. I know an M-101 trailer was originally produced for the M-37 and then modified/upgraded to use behind the modern 3/4 ton size vehicles and humvees. Also that there are gen set trailers that don't have the sides, front or tailgate. Now I have seen M-102's, M-103's and M-105's for sale on GL. They all look the same to me except for the landing wheel. I have seen the big single landing wheel and the small dual landing wheels. I have also seen in person an M-105 type trailer that had a front and rear gate. It had no identifying markings to tell what it is. The jist is I want to be educated before I buy a trailer for my deuce. I know you all have forgotten more than I will ever know so I am ready to get schooled. Thanks:grin:

jollyroger

I knew the M-105 was for the deuce but the M-102, and M-103 I have seen also say ton and a half trailer which is used by the deuce. Basically I just do not know what the differences in the trailers are that would denote having a different designation. If they are all the same trailers just with different numeric deisgnation then it does not matter which one I get for my deuce. If they are different then I need to know that. Also what is the M-105 looking trailer that has the front and rear gate?

Srjeeper

Search for a thread by 'westfolk' that was titled "for those that want to know what 'M' is".

In there is a list of all the M numbered vehicles and what they are.

You should find your answer there..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets see what we have here! The M105 is the common, run of the mill, deuce trailer. Expect to see M105s M105A2s and XM105E3s coming out of GL. Also look for M103A3 trailers. This is a chassis designation but most will be found with a flat, no side generator deck. The M104 is the puppy with front and rear end gates. M102?? Not really sure about that one. The 105 family has come with 3 (4) different landing gears. The big wheel which is non-adjustable and least preferred (by me). The one with dual wheels and adjustable and the 3rd is similar but has smaller wheels and a sand skate plate around the wheels. The odd 4th one was for the M104 that allowed the front end gate to lower. I would suggest downloading the TM for most of these trailers here http://old.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=25 That should get you going in the right direction.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the M105 bounce around alot behind a Deuce? I take it it's not an 'Air Ride' trailer.
Not really. I guess it has to do with the weight of it. All I've ever hooked to tow really well either behind my deuce or my 3/4 ton Dodge.

jollyroger

New wrinkle into the mix. A/M32K-4 rough terrain trailer. What the heck was that used for by the military? Looks like it has 9.00 16 tires. There is a removable section of deck in the middle. Flat bed.

gunboy1656

I found this info on the A/M32K-4

Trailer characteristics include: capacity 8,000 lbs, weight 2500 lbs, length 220 inches, width 75 ins, deck height 38 ins, 7.50x16 ten ply FOD free tires. The trailer is a four wheel, towable, flat bed unit constructed of light weight aluminum. Two center bed sections are removable to facilitate loading and unloading of transported weapons. The trailer is equipped with tie down bars and straps, removable side and end racks, multi-leaf springs, air over hydraulic service brakes, parking brakes, a steel tow bar with a lunette and a pintle hook on the rear. The chassis of the trailer is made up of a non-skid bed, torque box and four traverse bulkheads. Rigidity and strength are provided by a torque box that runs the entire length of the trailer bed and also houses the air reservoir and brake control system. The trailer is towed by a prime mover having a suitable pintle hook, 24 VDC electrical system and 85 to 100 psi compressed air source to operate the trailer brakes.

roscoe

Does the M105 bounce around alot behind a Deuce? I take it it's not an 'Air Ride' trailer.
Just brought home my first m105 today and it pulls great behind the deuce. I think the deuce actually ran faster with the trailer behind it -- if thats possible. It would be nice not to have the fender wells that are on the m105 though.

Green_gator

I have pulled the 105, 103 and the 353 behind my deuces. I think that they have a better ride with the trailer. I find the 353 to pull the best of all my trailers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks