• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel injector or Inj.Pump problem,i think

jeffwho@verizon.net

My 1028 seemed to run fine at first.Then it lost power,started smoking.Didn't really want to go anywhere.It is a 84 CUCV with 14-k mls.on it.So far-I drained the fuel out.It was what the military put in it.The red stuff."Off road"No sign of H20.Changed the filter,added inj.cleaner .Changed the lift/fuel pump.Fresh fuel & it still ran bad:-(.No power,poor idle,blue smoke. I didn't see anything in the TM's to help me on this 1.If anyone has any ideas on what to try,i would be grateful.THANKS!

4bogginchevys

Is it possible that it has 114,000...mine is almost as clean as they come and has 74000 or 174000.

With the assumption that it has over 100k, the only thing I can think of would be carbon and maybe 2 much crap in the cylinders to be cleaned by a single bottle of injector cleaner.
I will admit I am relatively new to diesels but I wonder if the old junkyard trick might work for you...try a little tranny fluid or a little water down the plenum with a hot engine.
I know it sounds herrific but it's been making old engines run well again since junkyards were invented. hope it helps.

by the way, I have personally done this to atleast 3 of the 5 vehicles I own, and if it didn't fix it, it helped (NO... THIER NICE TRUCKS)LOL

12vctd

Blue smoke means your burning oil. If the blue smoke started with this problem you need to check areas like your CDR valve, the rings, and valves.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks