• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone going to Barstow to inspect?

ClarkeF

Anyone headed to Barstow for inspection soon?

I won a M35A3 and as I'm 400 miles away, I'm hoping that someone can give it the once-over to let me know if I need to trailer it, or can take the chance on a self-recovery. It's my first EUC, so I've got another month plus before I can pick it up.

Regards,

Clarke

DoctorCheney223

Anyone headed to Barstow for inspection soon?

I won a M35A3 and as I'm 400 miles away, I'm hoping that someone can give it the once-over to let me know if I need to trailer it, or can take the chance on a self-recovery. It's my first EUC, so I've got another month plus before I can pick it up.

Regards,

Clarke

Was that the M35A3 that closed on 17 SEP 09? If so, the batteries were dead (enough to hear a click when you flip the switch to RUN" though) and I believe the front driver's tire was flat. Tim over at GL will give it a push start with the forklift if you need.

thanks,
Ron

ClarkeF

Ron,

That's the one. Anyone else know more? Anyone headed to Barstow any time soon? It's 400 miles so I bought sight unseen.

Regards,

Clarke

Was that the M35A3 that closed on 17 SEP 09? If so, the batteries were dead (enough to hear a click when you flip the switch to RUN" though) and I believe the front driver's tire was flat. Tim over at GL will give it a push start with the forklift if you need.

thanks,
Ron

Attachments

Chief_919

thanks,
Ron
Can't push start an A3.

ClarkeF

Thanks for the post - do you recall if there were any flats? Someone else mentioned a flat. As it's an A3, I shouldn't be surprised if there is a flat...

I'm struggling - I want to go recover it in person, but without a good set of eye's on it first, I'm thinking it's probably better to call in a trailer.

Will you be back at Barstow any time soon?

Cheers,

Clarke

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the post - do you recall if there were any flats? Someone else mentioned a flat. As it's an A3, I shouldn't be surprised if there is a flat...

I'm struggling - I want to go recover it in person, but without a good set of eye's on it first, I'm thinking it's probably better to call in a trailer.

Will you be back at Barstow any time soon?

Cheers,

Clarke
100DollarMan was doing Barstow recoveries and storage for a small fee last I heard. He's pretty close by so maybe you should PM him and see what services he offers. When I was at his shop last there was a guy prepping his truck for the trip to Colorado.....................................

ClarkeF

100DollarMan was doing Barstow recoveries and storage for a small fee last I heard. He's pretty close by so maybe you should PM him and see what services he offers. When I was at his shop last there was a guy prepping his truck for the trip to Colorado.....................................
Thanks - I'll ask him.

100dollarman

I am going over to Barstow today to pick up MY M35a3. I was going to take a look at Clark's while I am there, but seems he is MIA? Cant get ahold of him.

Clarke--- call me on my cell if you need me!

760 964 5123

Hundy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks