• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with registration in texas

txdiesel4x4

Let me start by saying i am fairly new to the site and brand new to the MV world. I won a 1970 M35A2 from Ft. Sam Houston in July. I sent off for the SF-97 and revieved it yesterday. I am wanting to know what all i need to bring with me to the tax office. I have been searching this site for weeks and i am getting confused. Some say you need certain things and others say you dont. So far i believe i need to bring the SF-97 and title app., the app. for former MV plates( i wish to use my bumper markings) and my paid in full invoice. Do i need to have a weigh slip or a vin verification as well? I know someone out there will have this info....Thanks for the help

P.S. This is a great site with tons of useful information and some bad a## topics.

sloryd

Here what you need to do if you are going for the Former MV.

For former MV a plate is optional. I do not have plates on my trucks. I stenciled the numbers on the bumpers.

Inspection is not required

Weigh scale is not required.

Fromer MV plate are $50 for 5 years.

When you go to the tax office take the following:

2 photos of the truck (required the former MV tag)
Former MV plate form
Title form
SF97 form.
Copy of the GL paid in full invoice.
To make things real easy I removed the ID plate from the dash board and took it with me to the tax office for VIN and weight requirements.

Your VIN number is the combination of regristation number and serial number off the ID plate. Bumper number is not needed.

When regristation number will become for tag number you will place on the bumpers.

This process is very easy but can be confusing. For 2 trucks it took almost 3 hours to get everything completed.

Under texas state law you can use your car insurance number for 30 days until you get insurance on the truck. That's the pita of all of this... insurance is hard to get in texas. I had to get insurance from Gulfway ( travelers) $150 for a year.

txdiesel4x4

sloryd, Thanks for the info. Doesnt seem like much at all, guess it is all up to how competent the people are who work there. I will be going later this week and hopefully getting this done. I look forward to the first leagle drive in the M35A2....THANKS AGAIN!

sloryd

If they have trouble at your tax accessor office have them call the League City Tx (galveston co.) office, and talk to the supervisor. She has done many of these trucks and can walk them though the process.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks