• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what a sad day

84cucv1ton

a town about 20 min from where i live now in dirty jersey has a 88 3/4 ton suburban, 88 k3500 dually crew cab 4x4 and a air force 91 v3500 crew cab 4x4. all going to be scraped at the end of the week. tried to get them. im to late. the 91 has 60 k that it and is in great shape. i asked the guy at the shop. 2 are to old. they were replaced. the 91 needs a injection pump thats it. he said it was not worth it. the two older ones were taken out of service because they were old. they were driven to where they are now..

well i tried... want that 91.. sorry i sold the one i had, ill never find another one like it :cry: goes that way i guess

1qwkgoat

Is there anyway you could find out who the scrapper is, and try to buy it from them? I would think that would be possible. Hell if I was the guy that owned the scrap yard and you offered me anything over the scrap value, it'd be yours. Hell, then I made more then whats it's worth and it didn't cost me any overhead, except picking it up.

papercu

Take a ad out in the local paper on how the county/city officials are not making the best use of the taxpayers tax dollars. Might not save these but some heads might roll.
BTW I know you Yankees do strange things :-D but down here it is in the regulations that surplus items has to be public auction off, even the scrap. Wayne

papercu

Hell if I was the guy that owned the scrap yard and you offered me anything over the scrap value,
There is no law (except if the military sells it) that just because it was sold to a scrapper, the scrapper has to scrap it. My guess is that you will soon see them on a used car lot. Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks