• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 TON BOG

CaptainRPM

My 813 seems to have a flat spot in it even after a filter change shifting from 3rd to 4th it kinda bogs and takes a bit to bring the rpms up its not always in 4th but seems like more goin into 4th than any other gear tho seems like it has gotten a lil worse after puttin on the 14/20s but i dont no any info will help

thanx gene

Gene, how many miles have you driven this truck? our XM818 has a hard time picken it back up on the bottom of 4th gear also. its bad enough empty but its way bad loaded. we've put a couple thousand of miles on ours, and even after filter changes it has not gotten any better. next step is turning up the fuel!!! and hopfully swapping in a 10 speed over drive tranny.

CaptainRPM

i have put like 3000 to 5000 miles on it it has always been like this since i had it thought it was the filter but it wasent it has the Cummins in it do you think it could be the injector pump? or somthing else and yes it seems to be worse when im pullin a trailer but my trailer loaded with my mud truck on it is like 10000lbs i realy dont no whats doin it of if thats just the way it is but i cant see it being that way

thanx gene

Gene, ours has been that way since we got it also. its only 250 horse on a good day. i pull a 25 ton folding neck lowboy with a backhoe on it and it really gets bad then. this is just a hobby truck so it's not that big of a deal. like i said above im hoping to slide a 10 speed OD in to kind of lessen the gaps. once i get pyro installed ill start turning up the fuel. somone here said to be carefull with fuel delivery as the pistons are not cooled like the bigger cummins.

Pipefighter

The guy who did the filter change probably did't know what he was doing. LOL I see you found the site.Great pepole on here and I'm sure you will get alot of your ?'s ansered.

Fred

rmgill

My 5 Ton had some fuel delivery problems and actually had water in the fuel that was gumming up the filter. AND there were two coke bottle wrappers in the fuel pickup line. Once I got those out, the truck was quite a bit faster.

AMGeneral

5 ton bog

My M816 bogs down a little in 4th but is a real stump puller in third or below,I believe the 5 speed has a massive ratio jump between third and fourth.Also you may want to check the rubber suction lines to make sure they're not cracked and sucking air.

i dont know about split shifting the 5 ton. the two that i drive are not split freindly. i have driven several two and a couple of three stick trucks but these dont seem to like spliting. maybe it's just my trucks but spliting down is easy it's the up split that seems to not go so well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks