• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arctic Hood Blanket, Grill Cover, Side Panel Install Pictures

cruzinz28

Wanted to post the progress of my install. Short a couple clips but managed to make it work. A little touch up paint to prevent rust and remove the lense protection and I should be good to go! - Jesse

p.s. putting that maintenance tent to work already too!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: HDN

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It gets down into the 40s sometimes.:-D Why do you think all of my trucks have fuel burning heaters in them?!?:wink:

cruzinz28

One reason for installation: Display

Second reason for installation: My truck has the LDS 5 ton motor in it. Even with a new 180 degree thermostat it still barely runs 160 degrees in the summer and in the winter even after 45 min. warming up it only gets to 120 degrees with the just the winter front. We'll see if the rest helps.

I will try and take some pictures and post them this weekend of the front mask installation. I think I might have instructions somewhere too that came with the front cover I had before this one.

How is the truck working out for ya AceHigh???

CBC Shelter should be painted in the spring before Aberdeen.

Still have to find some spare time to come visit you and your fleet BKuba! I'm hoping to have the first XM381 Data plates in hand by the beginning of next month. Research has been a killer on that truck trying make a dash plate to be as authentic as I can.

rat4spd

One reason for installation:
Second reason for installation: My truck has the LDS 5 ton motor in it. Even with a new 180 degree thermostat it still barely runs 160 degrees in the summer and in the winter even after 45 min. warming up it only gets to 120 degrees with the just the winter front. We'll see if the rest helps.
Any reason for this? I have an LDS in my deuce and it runs cold also, except when it gets in the upper 80's it finally gets up near 180.

ToddJK

Updated Pictures since I had the truck out to isntall my tent liners.
I know this is an old thread, but do you remember how exactly you attached the winter cover on the front? I just got one and it's extremely tight to fit over the hood latches and doesn't seem to want to tuck behind the winch...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks