• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisiana M35A2 insurance and registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

helobravo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is specifically for Louisiana although the insurance should be applicable anywhere.
I had already registered mine like a regular vehicle (but didn't get a plate) so I will be able to skip the inspection headache.
It would seem that is you don't want a personal inspection for any reason, that would be the way to go. It probably cost me 40-50 bucks more doing it like this but it saved time and headache.

To get the "no license plate required" registration:
New registration:
- Send bill of sale
- $25 and Registration fee (money order and call for registration fee)
- Color picture of truck with VIN painted on truck in white or yellow paint
- Physical inspection sheet by LEO
- Proof of insurance

If registered already
- Send $45
- Proof of insurance
- Registration
- Picture of truck with VIN as above

Dept. of Motor Vehicles / Special Plate Unit
PO 64886
BR, La

I ended up going through Haggerty for insurance. Under $130 a year.
Full coverage was the least they would write and minimum value of vehicle is $5k.
I used my Allstate guy, Terri King, in Hammond La. @ 985-542-5911.
You do have to provide a picture of exterior, interior, engine bay and a picture of the truck in a lockable garage/shed/ect. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks