• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civilian equivalent of mil. Lubes

recon

Is there a list anywhere on the site that gives civilian equivalents for military lubricants? At the end of LO 9-2320-209-12-1, for example, there are 6 different lubrications listed but I have no idea what they would be in the civilian world. It lists general uses such as chain lube oil, or gear lube oil but no weights.
recon

Divemaster920

Banned
For your differentials, transmission and transfer use GL-1.
For your bearings......Just use the cheap stuff. Your bearings should not be over 130F, no need for the high temp.

chgofiveo

Mystik JT-7 for your differentials, transmission and transfer case...it is GL-5 and meets with the MT-1 specs... It is OK to use with Yellow metals... I checked into it

chgofiveo

how is Mystik product..15-40 diesel engine oil?
any good?
dose it match up to the mil LO Spec
I never used the Mystik eng oil... only the gear lube and was very happy with that. I used it for topping off Diffs, Trans and T Case... My neighbor uses the Mystik synth blend in some of his old John Deere Tractors and is very happy with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks