• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

She's a whistler

poppop

OK, so I finally got my latest Duece home yesterday. I posted earlier about it and all the parts missing and commented it might be a parts truck. Someone came back and told me someone beat me to it. Well the contract date is 1984 so it is that or newer. The Radiator is gone so we stuck a hose in the lower pipe for cooling and started it up. It started right away and ran like a champ. Had to shut it down quick because one of the parts missing was the oil pressure sending unit which we had not noticed. Oil pressure is great because it shot oil a great distence. Robbed one from another truck and let it run for about 10 minutes. She whistles great. I told my employees we were going to take the dropside off this truck and install on my other good Duece and probably part this truck. They said no, lets take all the parts we need off that rusty tan truck and put on this truck, then we will have two good Dueces. Who am I to argue,:-D

Now i know you want pictures but I don't have any yet, just be patient.:p

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great news Lloyd. Love to hear the survival of another truck. By the way, I'm sure you will be in the M813 next week, what are you bringing to play with?

poppop

Hey Kenny

Same set-up as last year, towing the Duece to play with. We were one two in arrival last year, sorry you can't make it Wednesday, looking forward to seeing you when you can get there.:-D

Lloyd

Josh

if you do decide to part it out in the future and sell the turbo, put my name on it, ive been trying to track down a whistler.

poppop

Hey Josh

Noted, but probably will fix this one up. I have a rusted out tan Duece with everything needed to put this one back together. That is probably what I am going to do and then maybe sell some parts off the tan one. Of course something may show up that requires parts from this truck also.:-D

poppop

Never hurts to ask. I think for now I will keep the whistler just for what it is. May get tired of it, can't ever tell.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What gimp, you didn't enjoy the 500 mile trip to get the M108 in my screamer? And that was with a muffler.

M108 now has the C turbo on it, and it's LOUD. Earplugs are in anytime it leaves the driveway.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's just plain inaccurate. I've done thousands of miles with a screamer and loved every mile. Wished I could find time to put a screamer on my -A2C before the GA rally.

Ditto-I love the whistler in Dawn's truck and I am going to acquire one for my winch truck. :p Maybe 2 for both of my winch trucks. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks