• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jp's 1008 build

juspar

Ok, I thought I would post some pics of my build and get some more ideas.
So this is my 1008. 4inch lift, rear shackel flip, Recenterd H1 wheels, 36 tires. Finally got all the wiring and charging system fixed and working. Manual glow plug back up switch. CB installed. Getting ready to throw a radio in.
Keeping my eye open for a good used turbo. I have GM rebuilt 4l80e sitting on the floor ready to go. I have found a company that sells a stand alone controller for about 400.00 so not to bad.
I would like to get some bucket seat brakets, if anyone knows what would work best and were to look for those that would be cool.
I have to 6 way leather seats that will be nice to sit on.
I have seen a few people us a FJ80 snorkle and it looks good. Not to much to mod it to fit.
Looking for a roof rack maybe. Dont know how that will look havent seen one with one on it.
Add a winch to the front I like this design in the pic below.
So what do you think?

Attachments

swyne

just curious what kind of lift ya ended up going with and how tall. I would like to do mine but not sure what to buy and everything else that is needed. I have the set you have on the 1008 and also a set of the radial version. Any help would be great, thanks

dstang97

just curious what kind of lift ya ended up going with and how tall. I would like to do mine but not sure what to buy and everything else that is needed. I have the set you have on the 1008 and also a set of the radial version. Any help would be great, thanks
it says right in the first post

Croatan_Kid

Woof! I bet it didn't go anywhere in a hurry with that trailer and Jeep behind it!

Looks awesome though! Reminds me that I want to get some spacers for the rear end of my truck :-D

juspar

I got the rancho 4" lift kit. Cuz it is a one ton the ubolts are bigger. Ran down to a local spring shop and they made me some for about 8 bucks each. The rear flip was from sky manufacturing. The one ton frame is wider than the 3/4 had to be made to order. 150.00 bucks. I dont like lift blocks.
Had to trim fenders just a little bit.
And yes WOOF!!!!! Did not like pulling 8000 pounds up hill. Did better than I thought it was going to. Trip was only 1 hour away on 55 mph roads. not to bad. Needs a turbo!!!
I would perfer the radial tires and 12 bolt wheels. But these were the right price and work just fine. lots of road noise. And kinda adds to the body roll going around corners.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks