• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Successful recovery from Frankfort KY

djimmy31

Hey Guys,

Thursday my dad and I picked up my first deuce from Frankfort. I intially had plans to have it towed back to southern Indiana but my dad was gung ho about just driving it back. We packed up Thursday morning and headed about 65 miles to Frankfort. Getting on the NG base was simple and straight forward. We headed back to were all the deuces were and found mine. We checked over all the fluids and tires and all that checked out. The only thing we needed to do was add some air to the tires. That turned into a bit of a problem because the generator we brought wouldn't power the compressor. My dad hopped in fired it up. It had a full tank of diesel and brand new batteries thanks for Uncle Sam!!! We were lucky because we had a little space to pull out. Most of the trucks were parked bumper to bumper. He headed out in the deuce and I followed cause the brake lights didn't work :-x. We made the entire 65 miles with ease. I think my dad was more pumped than me about the deuce.

Attachments

Westech

CPL
WOW nice looking truck. I bet the brake lights just need a new switch on the air pack.. there about 8 bucks from a auto parts store. I got mine off a late 60's pick up truck GM. 1/8 NTP fitting and two terminals

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet truck. Glad all went well; and you had plenty of fuel and new batteries are a plus.

Congrats

wsucougarx

Wow, outstanding looking truck. Looks like you scored pretty good!! I'm glad everything worked out well with very minimal issues. One question for you, when do you and dad go back to get his?

djimmy31

We went Thursday the 15th right around 10am. It took us about an hour to get on the road. One guy was there 10 minutes and he was on his way.

The NG guys had to make our deuces look small as they came rolling past in a big 5 ton.

gunboy1656

It is funny how fathers are about these. My dad was not happy about me getting one, until he saw it. Now he loves it. Anytime I want help with something he is here very fast.

Very nice looking truck. Glad pretty much all is well.

number9

I remember seeing your pickup there and your Dad drive your truck up the base road and turn around. My white pickup is in your pics on the left side of the road there. The blue service truck in your pics had on board air, those guys aired my steer tires up for me - nice guys.

Congrats on the truck and good to hear you all had a good and safe trip back home with her. Can't wait to go pick mine up.

JCKnife

Awesome! Your truck looks great. I remember seeing your dad there, too. My wife's explorer is behind that blue truck in your third pic.

So now that you've had more time to look it over, how is it? What's on your to-do list?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks