• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection Pump Booster Pump Seal, where?

Jeepin46

1971 M35 A2. According to rebuild tag on IP, rebuild date 1989. I was getting about 1 gal of diesel in the oil per 120 miles or so. I pulled the injection pump and replaced the two o-seals on the head (thanks Bottleworks).

Next I pulled the booster pump off the IP and took it apart. The seal there seams tired. I took the housing by NAPA and they measured as best they could (with the seal still in the housing). Best they could figure was it might be NAPA Seal # 4231 and it was about 1000 miles away. Before I go and order it, and pay extra for shipping, does anyone know where I could get "the official" seal for the booster pump? It is the seal that keeps the diesel and oil apart as in the attached pic. I have called a few places and, it seems to be a hard one to find.

Also, I have the TM9-2910-226-34, but there seems to be no parts version.

Attachments

rlwm211

I got a part number of 5330-470-6695 from the drawings.

This crosses to SE1034 AMBAC part number.

The drawing is on page 194 B-5 Part #3 if I have this right

and the part is referenced on page 182

SEAL. PLAIN. ENCASED: fuel pump driven gear SE1034 (01843).

I am not sure how helpful this will be. I can also provide a repair and parts service for the AMBAC pumps (American Bosch)

RL

EagerBeaverM35

Please Help, Where can I get a seal or kit?
I’m getting diesel in the engine oil somehow??? Replaced small o-ring and two bigger o-rings on the injector pump. Now I’m going after the boost pump seal.
Seal 5330-470-6695 SE1034
Kit
2910-489-5994

EagerBeaverM35

Thanks all. I got the original seal from e-bay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ONAN-AMBAC-...024?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f3ffd6248
It went in easily after I jacked up the engine. Just needed unhook the air intake and jack up the front motor mount...
However, I attempted to remove the steering column and that did not work and I broke the horn wire and the steering gear bearing.
Does anyone know where to get this bearing balls and retainer:
Plastic carrier with balls is P/N 400076A1 or 10896762 or 3110-00-232-6123

rustystud

Thanks all. I got the original seal from e-bay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ONAN-AMBAC-...024?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f3ffd6248
It went in easily after I jacked up the engine. Just needed unhook the air intake and jack up the front motor mount...
However, I attempted to remove the steering column and that did not work and I broke the horn wire and the steering gear bearing.
Does anyone know where to get this bearing balls and retainer:
Plastic carrier with balls is P/N 400076A1 or 10896762 or 3110-00-232-6123
"White Owl" has all the parts needed to repair the steering gear. I know as I recently just did my gear.

EagerBeaverM35

Yippee. Thanks, Rusty Stud, I got it.
gmkivett@gmail.com [mailto:gmkivett@gmail.com]
I have the kits in stock but I also have the bearing holder assembly as well. (picture attached) The holder with balls is ten dollars plus postage. Priority mail is about seven dollars. Regards, George
White Owl Parts Co
2539 Hillcrest Rd
Kinston NC 28504
Ph: 252-522-2586

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks