• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got a turbo! Now the hard part.

T_F_E

Hey everyone I just picked up a complete turbo set up from a 6.5 diesel. Right now it looks like my major problems are going to be to build a crossover pipe and the oil lines. Does anyone have pictures of a similar set up on a cucv? Also does the second battery get in the way?

Thanks as always
Mike

acesneights1

use an F intake of a 6.5. You will need a spacer for the ex manifold or I have heard you can use short inj from a 6.5, I'll let you know. Be doing it soon.

acesneights1

For the oil return form the turbo can you just run it to the oil fill because it is at a lower location?
The most common thing to do is lose the mech lift pump and put an electric one on and then use the plate with return tube that goes in it's place. I think Banks made one in thier later kits that may have let you keep the mech lift pump or so I have heard. I think the mech lift pump suck anyway so I'm gonna lose mine. You can use a factory lift pump for a 93 6.5TD or a Walbro FRB-5. Me , I'm using a Raptor 100. way overkill but I have a spare one thanks to a lowlife sleaze ball used carlot named Lee's Auto Ranch . It cost me 250$ so might as well use it. It's a damn good pump, just not nessicary for a 6.2

acesneights1

it's gravity drain so oil pan is the way to go but really a lift pump isn't that much. can get a Walbro for around 90$. Heck might even find a used 6.5 one cheaper from someone who upgraded thiers. I don't personally care for the mechnical ones.

niferous

I found a turbo out of a 6.5 today up for sale and the guy emailed me this description:

"turbo kit for the 6.2, which is from a 95 6.5 ltr turbodiesel chevy motor. Will come with the pass side exhaust manifold, turbo, intake, nuts bolts everything."

What else will I need besides getting an exhaust made?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks