• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another one bites the dust

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think Mechanical Mules of America gets well over 10K for theirs.:roll: Guess i'd be pissed too.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, $12,460 for a 4w/s mule. Doghead, I think the price on mine needs to go up!:-D

FrankUSMC

My father in law paid waaaay over $10,000 for his mule from Mechanical Mules of America. It looked new......but the tires had little to no tread, and it broke down shortly after he got it. It is still down at this time. I would not buy one from them.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

crankshaft45

I bought an engine from them just to have a spare. Terry will talk your ear off, seems very knowledgeable. I paid a higher price than I should have (should have bought from Bill Watson). He assured me that the engines he sells are gone through, new seals, new gaskets, new carb and fuel pump. Run tested and ready. His picture shows a complete engine ready to drop in.

The carb did have gas in it, so I assume he did what he says. How ever, there was no carb tube, no fuel filter assy. or fuel line to the carb, no fan belt guard, no fan cover and no center shroud. All these parts are shown on the replacement engine picture. I realize if one is replacing an exsisting engine he has all these parts available, but for the price he charges they should be there as the picture shows.

Last edited:

Brant

Details

I've been wrenching on M274's for over 12 years, so I know alittle something about them. That being said, I called Terry wanting an A5 engine guard for my ride. We talked M274 for awhile, particulary about the two engine guard styles, I wanted to be clear on what I was ordering. After a long wait my engine guard came. It was the early version. Terry and I agreed there was a miscommunication, but Terry insisted it wasn't on his end. Short story long,
I paid the return shipping fee to get my money back on an engine guard I didn't order, and that turned out to be more expensive that the other sources. So now I have spent $150.00 ($80 initial shipping to me and $70 return shipping) and have NOTHING to show for it. Not a happy camper.

Brant

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks