• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Oil filter shroud?

maetl

Greetings all. I am new to the CUCV world, but am loving my M1009 so far.

I replaced all filters, oil, and other stuff as soon as I bought this truck. It has 97,000 mi on it, the government got rid of it at 90,000, and the guy who owned it before me was a mechanic in the army.

Well, I had NAPA order in the oil filter that was suggested in the FAQ on steelsoldiers, and it looks like a filter that is designed to fit inside an existing shroud, or can--NOT the "traditional" filter you'd put on your F150 or something.

Same part number and filter type as listed, however, it looks unusable to me.

The filter that is on their now is a Fram FJ-7 or something like that. Real conventional looking oil filter.

What's going on here? Has some sort of conversion been done? Am I missing an original part? Am I an idiot?

It's the J code 6.2 if that helps.

Thanks,
-maetl

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's strange. What's the part number for the filter element you purchased? I always used a Pure1 filter on my CUCV's.

Midnight Rider

Sounds like the ordered you the wrong part, maybe a type or something.

I just go to Wally world and get the AC Delco filter. PF1218 or something like that.

ralbelt

Got mine from NAPA its a napa gold I believe #1061, counter person did ot have a problem getting it , I tell them its a 1986 K30 j code diesel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks