• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

primary fuel filter part # cross

cessnatwin

:?: What is the Napa or maybe Wix cross referance part number for the first, smaller primary fuel filter. I know the other 2 filters are NAPA 3512! Can any help me? Also the oil filter #'s for the M35a2 multi fuel?

thanks guys

fsudad1958

In an other cross referance I came across Primary - NAPA 3511 with a NAPA gasket # 5221 or 5406 Checked with my supplyer those are good number for the gaskets, but he had to get them in from WIX for me. I will be changing mine by the weekend and let you know.

usmc1985

car quest primary fuel filter

Car quest makes a primary fuel filter (86-113) that fits great! I think it is rated at 10 microns...not the best but it works. Hope it helps

usmc1985

Hello fellow members. Im hoping someone out there can give me some advice. My beautiful M35A2 is having a fuel leak problem. The leak is coming from the flame heater nozzle. I live in California and I really never utilize the heater. Can someone tell me how to stop this leak? Ive tightened the two fittings but its not leaking from the fittings..thanks guys!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
USMC, you may want to start a new thread for this or do a search, however, there are several ways to stop the leak if you aren't going to keep the heater functional. Remove the lines and plug the ends with proper fittings, for example.

FWIW, the primary fuel filter is a 40 micron element and can be obtained from Memphis or SECO or other dealers stocking original equipment. They also have the secondary and final, which are 4 micron. Use part numbers from the TM.

yeager1

I bought a Napa 3511 and it does not look like the original primary filter. The center hole through the original stock filter is roughtly 1/2", the 3511 filter has about a 1" through the center, and the Napa one was slightly longer also. Does that sound right?? or did Napa miss package the box with the wrong part?

Jake0147

That's about right. It is the wrong part, but it's one that is very easily and commercially available to most of us without mail order. It's easy enough to keep it fairly straight as you install it, and it still functions just fine if not quite as convenient for the two minutes it takes to install.
It is a finer micron rating than the original, but not so fine as to restrict the fuel flow. The worst it'll do is take out more trash before it gets to the secondaries. The primary can is a rock catcher/water separator, the secondary is really "the" fuel filter, and the final is a "second secondary" in case the first secondary fails. No worries.

BugEyeBear

Hey Guys,

I picked up a full set of filters for my Deuce from Napa.

The Primary Fuel #3511 is a short little filter, about half the height of the secondary filters.
BUT when I crawl under the front of the truck and look at the primary filter housing it is just as long as the secondary filter housings.

Before I pull it off & discover that I have the wrong filter I have to ask...
Is this the stock primary filter housing?
OR has this been modified?

Looks like a stock unit, but just looks too long for the filter element I purchased.
I haven't measured it yet, but it appears to be just as big as the secondary filter housings....

BugEyeBear

Yeah, I just managed to find a pic of the stock unit via a search... (took a lot of looking, but I persisted & DID finally find one...)

Yes, it appears to be the stock unit.

I assume the extra space is to collect water, etc.

THANKS!

signs1919

napa3511

this fuel filter will work with some tweeking. there is a spring and washer that hold the filter up tight to the housing.the other filters have small holes so the spring won't go through them and the washer sits on a snap ring on the center stud of the canister.but with the bigger opening in the napa filter you have to make a spacer to hold the filter washer and spring up. i learned this the hard way. had to replace all my filters twice.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like your missing some parts. Look at the -20P for a picture of the parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks