• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power adders...

4bogginchevys

I was reading an article in diesel power magazine and it left me with a few questions? I did some searches and didn't really conclude much.

First off the article says not to use the "C" engine (pre-85)...instead use the "J" model which is what I have heard is in the military CUCV's.

Where is the J or C stamped at?

Another thing it mentioned was that the J code engine usually used a serp belt system and of course CUCV's use v-belts.

The engine builder they used said not to use a pre 88' motor because of the change in rocker arms....is there any chance we got the newer rockers with our not yet released J code motors? Anyone know the difference?

Last but not least would be the Cam, obviously upgrades for gas motors are plentiful, but not for diesels...just throw more fuel at it kind of thing. Has anyone put a new "custom" cam in on a rebuild?

I know I could have gotten more info from the web, but I do not want to join every diesel site out there to learn what you might already know...THANKS:!:

Westech

CPL
If you do a search you will find more info on the 6.2 then you can toss a stick at. I have posted many many tid bits on how to adjust fuel, timing, installing hummer injection pumps ect.. the list goes on and on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks