• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

User CP question.

ARYankee

Now what is the reputation for and where can we see it? I've gotten the same thing. I know we have the rep power thing under our avatars (this may have answered part of my previous question) but mine hasn't changed since I received my points. I was just curious.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still haven't fingered out how many points equals one of those little squares. Guess I could do some math, but, NAH!

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you're talking about the little green squares under our data boxes, I've been trying to figure out what they mean and how they get there, too. Like you, I've had no luck at all.

Yohan

I've been trying to figure out this "Rep Power" thing as well. Mine went from Rep Power 2" to "Rep Power 3" the other day.

Does this happen when someone "thank" you for a post, or do they have to go into your profile and give you something? I don't recall making any profound posts that someone would think were really helpful- I mostly ask question upon question and try to be as polite and express my appreciation as muc as possible!

Maybe SS or a moderator could help us understand this better as everyone likes to have a good rep and maybe know who feels we have earned such? Thanks!

Chevytruck

If you hit that little symbol under the avatar that is between the exclamation mark and the user status, you can add and subtract reputation from that person. The good thing about it is you have to give a reason why your adding it or subtracting it.

i think its just to show who is a useful poster.

i hope that helps! :-D

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ARYankee, I just gave you some positive reputation to see how it worked and for your informative post. :wink:

I had noticed in the past that people gave me rep but I had no idea how they were doing it. I did notice that I had some green (positive) and some blue (neutral). When I gave ARYankee his rep I only saw choices for positive or negative though. Don't know what's up with that.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had noticed in the past that people gave me rep but I had no idea how they were doing it. I did notice that I had some green (positive) and some blue (neutral). When I gave ARYankee his rep I only saw choices for positive or negative though. Don't know what's up with that.
Ok, I think I get it now. In the FAQ link it says "Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation". I guess that means that the neutral rep that I recived was given by somebody that was leaving me a positive but didn't "meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation". Whatever that criteria is.

ARYankee

Thank you for the rep. I was just cruising the site looking for any extra info I could use for some site flyers that I am developing and then I came across that info and remembered this thread. I knew how curious I was about it and how there were others so I figured I would link it.

Oh btw, I also noticed that you can rate a thread on how useful it is as well. I learn something new every day. I guess I'll be trying a little harder to use those tools to help other members out. I may even go back to some old threads to start with.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks