• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

windshield wipers

waayfast

I'm trying to install the new windshield wiper arm I bought for the right side of the gasser but the special nut that holds it in place on the shaft does't seem to be starting easy---like wrong thread.Did these HAVE different thread(dif.models/years etc.)??This nut came with the new wiper arm/wiper. The original(s) that came on the truck took up residence in the the ditch along the highway recently.The left side doesn't have a nut holding the arm on--looks like same set up as on like a 85 Chevy Pick -up.

waayfast

Well, I guess thats a sign of getting old---the under side of the shaft(I was looking down from above,standing up in the open cab)had some buggered threads that my old rusty eyeballs didn't detect before.Opps my bad--chased the damaged threads and we fixed.We are wipered now--and if I can get heatered too,I may be able to extend my Deuce Driving Season.

waayfast

Yep-- we got'er done--Ran a thread cleaner-upper over the end and got the nut on it-- now that wiper motor has decided to simply go to one end of it's travel and stay there--no back and forth action at all.:roll:May take it off and clean/take apart and check. Got the good wiper on the Drivers side so at least I can see to get it moved around the place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks