• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I found out my deuces’ name is Bert

Lonesome715

As much as I have been under the hood lately of this truck I cannot believe I missed the name scratched in the oil fill cap. I think it is kind of cool; it makes you wonder who all has been under the hood over the past few decades.

Attachments

Lonesome715

Do you mean there could be another Bert out there? :wink:

I will tell you what, Burt is a pain in the butt. Literaly. The throttle on this truck sticks so I drove it around the block to see if I have made any progress. I had to push so hard on the skinny metal that it made my right butt cheek hurt.

JCKnife

That's neat, it's fun to find things like that. I had a 2000 Mustang a few years ago that was a "Spring Feature" car. I think I was installing a chin spoiler when I found a paint can lid wired to the radiator with the letters "SF" scrawled in the paint. Kinda neat, not as personal as "Bert" but still...

Lonesome715

I think these trucks have a lot of history. Even though I know most of them have never left the country, they have still been through a lot of significant parts of our nations history. So locating something personal no manner how minor adds a human element to the whole thing. We do not just own military vehicles, we own peices of history.

Lonesome715

It sure is. I was thinking about calling to customer service number to see if it is still good.

Bert has come a long way since you saw him last. New fuel lines, repaired air lines, new radiator hoses, new battery, and I am closer to getting the throttle issue corrected.

Scarecrow1

That's a snap shot in time nice find. I wonder what else you can find out on its history. A friend of mine was able to trace his 1911 gov colt 45 to a little place called Baton.In 1942 it was hidden before the Japs over ran the island . Then recovered after it was liberated. God only knows the stories these Military items could tell. I guess that's why It bothers me to see people chop, gut and in short butcher historical artifacts with out a thought of its historical contribution . Not to say they don't have the right to do so . Its great to give these things a new life and purpose again. Nothing but nothing is as sad as a bone military bone yard with all its contents rusting away. It still pisses me off to see our trucks, tanks ,boats and ect in the hands of third world countries, Not to mention North Vietnam and North Korea Even the Philipines For goodness sake Somalia the bad guy breading ground. Far too many to places think about. Thanks for GL not going international. I hope the recent lock down on the M35A2s aren't leaving home .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks