• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my lift in today

acesneights1

I'm so pissed though. No one carries 9/16 shank style lugnuts for my Redneck/general lee wheels. I had to mail order them from Summit. I sat one tire on anyway. Looks cool. Hard to believe it's only a 4 inch. Looks more like 6 to me.

Attachments

acesneights1

True, I must update...The 35's should make the truck a little more drivable on the highway plus where I cut firewood is pretty rough terrian.

niferous

I think those lifts look bigger than they should be on older vehicle because of spring sag. I want to lift my Land Cruiser and right now the factory springs are as flat as they could be. I bet I get 4" out of the 2-1/2" lift I buy for it.

raiburn

Lifts also look higher than advertised because of the taller tire too. Just going to a 35" with no lift spring or lift block, will lift the truck about 2".

ACES: Do those 35's fit OK without any trimming, or rubbing? Just curious.
Looks very nice... Those wheels and stance remind me of that show "The Fall Guy"

acesneights1

Lifts also look higher than advertised because of the taller tire too. Just going to a 35" with no lift spring or lift block, will lift the truck about 2".

ACES: Do those 35's fit OK without any trimming, or rubbing? Just curious.
Looks very nice... Those wheels and stance remind me of that show "The Fall Guy"
I don't know yet. I'm waiting for the lugnuts. I just sat the wheel on it. I think they will clear because the BF's are only 12inches wide. a 14.5 may not. I'll post back when the lugnuts come.

acesneights1

Where'd you get the General Lee wheels at?

I'll agree it does kind of remind me of the Fall Guy show as well.

Looks good.
They are discontinued. I got them at a swap meet. I'm pissed though. ONe of the rims has a crack that is leaking air. it was repaired once already sloppily. I'll probably never find another one. I'm gonna bring it to a place that restore/repairs wheels tomorrow.

acesneights1

They were used so they probably are settled. I don't know what brand they are but probably superlift or skyjacker, maybe ranchos.

powerhouseduece

There is 1 major factor that people over look when putting a lift kit on a truck. When you tighten down the Spring mount bolts and U-bolts you must have the weight of the truck on the tires or axles. If the suspension is hanging when you tighten the bolts, the springs want to stay in that pisition and will sit up higher. It can turn a 2" lift spring into a 4", and will make the bushings and springs themselfs ware out and sag very fast. Just food for thought.:razz:

acesneights1

Boing!!!
It looks and drives bad a$$. I gotta say didn't pickup as much top speed as I had hoped but what I did notice immediatly is the truck has much much more power. This is going to seem stupid but I think being so over geared with tiny tires it was running too high an RPM and past it's torque curve if that makes any sense. It feels and drives like a different truck. I probably only picked up 10 MPH top speed but it just feels so much more powerful and in it's sweet spot.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks