• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv door markings

I am trying to gather pictures of door markings (and any others) on Cucvs so i can figure out what i want to put on mine. It doesn't run so I am getting antsy and have stencils and spray paint, so I need to do something right? (and i can't fix it yet Since the IRS likes to take its time with my money)

jimm1009

Markings?

Most CUCV's don't have Door Markings unless they are Marine or Navy units.
What sort of markings are you referring too?
In the mean time, the standard unit markings, etc. are shown in the TB for painting and repainting the CUCV series trucks and it is available in the resoruces section of the older Steel Soldiers section.
:?:
jimm1009

Most CUCV's don't have Door Markings unless they are Marine or Navy units.
What sort of markings are you referring too?
In the mean time, the standard unit markings, etc. are shown in the TB for painting and repainting the CUCV series trucks and it is available in the resoruces section of the older Steel Soldiers section.
:?:
jimm1009

This is what I found for markings in the resources section for markings.

TB 43-0209 Color, Marking, and Camouflage Painting of Military Vehicles, Construction Equipment, and Materials Handling Equipment

It doesn't have many markings and is mostly for camo patterns. Is the another TM I should be looking for?

HAWKMAN

A while back at Mechanicsburg I was doing a pick-up in the yard and had seen a sand colored blazer that had a VERY well done skull and crossbones on the doors.......I'd have bought it just for that reason!...cooooolll !! :-D

Steve1031

What about door markings on the inside??

Hi, Noob here again. My 1031 has this number stenciled on the inner door panels and written on all the army paperwork that came with it. "NG1JZQ" The "1" could be an "I" also. I was wondering if this was a code that might lead me to an idea what base the CUCV was from.

Crash_AF

That is the Army registration number, it uniquely identifies the vehicle sort of like a license plate, even though the unit numbers might change.

If you go to the current VIN thread started by CARNAC, he might be able to find out the information on your truck.

Later,
Joe

combatcamera

It's really up to you as far as what sorts of markings you want to use. As far as official markings, I've seen trucks with U.S. Army and For Official Use Only underneath.

I've seen others with chevrons painted on the doors, mostly from Desert Storm, though a few woodland or plain green ones have had the chevron painted in sand color on them.

Sometimes units will stencil a chalk number on the side of the vehicle or something to identify quickly that it's part of a specific battalion, company or platoon. (This is where the playing card suits come in--spades for Company A, Diamonds for B and so on..)

Folks in individual units will often stencil their unit patch--like 1st Cavalry Division etc.,--or their branch insignia, such as the crossed pistols for MPs or the crossed muskets for infantry.

Mechanics will often stencil crossed wrenches on their trucks.

Every unit I served with we always stenciled the name of the vehicle somewhere on the vehicle as well as our own Combat Camera insignia.

Really, in the end, it's up to what you want or think looks good. There are so many unit devised or Soldier devised stencils out that that you'll never find in a TM.

Personally, I always loved seeing the ways in which Soldiers personalize their vehicles with stencils.

l1a1man

USAF does. Ours were marked with U.S. Air Force and the Lic plate number underneath it. They were 1" flat black stickers. bumper left side was unit 86 SPS and right side was base RAB painted on in 2" flat black. Was on all our vehicles, M35, M1008, M1009, and Hummers.

Door markings of my EX NAVY 1 ton Chevy van.

While this isnt the Door marking of my CUCV's it was a ex NAVY van I currently own.

Bought it in about 1996 from one of the last base sales at Rough and Ready Island, Stockton, then had to drive to Lemoore NAS to pick it up.

Thanks guys, I had to delete the FOR portion and go with "UNOFFICIAL USE ONLY" that way it would still look centered.

-Dale

Mudstone

When i was active and deploying we all had to put a 1< on our doors this was to designate what "part" we were of the fighting force. We also had WDOJCO on every truck in the batallion. The letter codes are not a vehicle identifier. it's a battalion identifier from what i understand. BTW the battalion no longer exists so i figured it'd be ok to post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks