• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is GL actually a Used Car Dealer?

gem1410

GL seems to act as a big Used Car Dealer--GL takes possession of all property before it is sold--GL uses its own website to sell the property--GL issues receipts using GL as the seller--If you need a title GL washes the vehicle form 97 into a Florida title--GL has its name on the title as the owner/seller--GL handles all aspects of the sale including problem sales and makes its own decisions--I bet that GL would fall under Used Car Dealer Laws in every state which are quite favorable to the buyers----What is GLs deal with the government?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are considered a car dealer by the state of FL if I remember right. That's why the issue FL titles.

They have a contract with the Government to sell military surplus property. The Government sells the property to GL (if only on paper) and then GL auctions it off.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL is more like an auction house. Items are more or less on consignment from the DRMO. When the electronic gavel falls, it is yours "where is as is with all faults described correctly or not". Not much different than a Richie Bros auction, boy you can buy some lemons there as well, with no recourse.

nhdiesel

They must have ways to skirt around local laws. GL has had auctions in N.H. But N.H. law states that to transfer more than 5 vehicles in a year, you must have a dealer's license. But if you have a dealer's license, you are required to provide a dealer temporary plate with each sold vehicle, which I'll guarantee GL doesn't do.

I learned a bit about our state's laws when my wife and I were trying to run a used Jeep parts business. We were going to need to get a dealer's license just to junk 5+ vehicles a year. The license was such a pain to get we ended up selling the shop.

Jim

ida34

Most states that require a title make it illegal to sell a car without providing a title. Still waiting to find out how they are shirting this. Even a scrap vehicle requires a scrap title. That is why they have them.

gem1410

I my state of NJ, GL collects the sales tax but when I called the state to get GLs tax collection number nothing came up--In NJ you can only sell 5 cars per year without being a dealer --I bet they get a nice % of the sale price from the government also-

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks