• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake booster?

1SICKMJ

So heres the problem, brake pedal goes to the floor, but there is still resistance and still brakes. No leaks, but every now and then a puddle is formed under the leaf spring. Havent tracked that one yet. Any thoughts before I raid the whole booster/master assembly from a deadlined truck and swap it on?

kassim503

If the pedal is going to the floor, it should be a hydraulic side leak on the brake system, not the hydroboost part (Likely bad master cyl). Does the pedal firm up and not go to the floor when the engine is off?

1SICKMJ

I swear I checked that but I cant remember now(to many things on my mind). Im not at work anymore so cant check. I swapped out a master from a deadlined truck, and it does the same thing............how can I have 2 bad masters.

1SICKMJ

LOL they are probably original 1985. I had the thing apart to swap out the hydroboost, so I put it back together real quick and double checked(with the swapped master). Yep firms up when truck is off, and can go to the floor when truck is on. I dont see how I could have two bad masters. The crew needs it ASAP so it will probly be gone for a day next week so they can spray.

4bogginchevys

the only other thing not mentioned was condition of rear brakes...if you forget to take e-brake off a few times and had worn shoes to begin with than this is a possible scenario....the rear brakes are directly rosponsible for a "full" pedal:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks