• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what number to use

jj9620

Im trying to apply for my sf97 on a duece that I purchased at FT Reily this summer I dont know what number to use for vehicle ID number Im not sure what year it is seems ft reily doesnt know either do I use the Id number or NSN number or The DTID number all nimbers are different all numbers are 15 numbers long and I know Illinois will say they need 17 I think any help would be appreciated

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will use the Serial Number. It should look something like this 0525-11253. That is also the number that is stamped in your front drivers side frame rail.

Post up your SN and your registation number (if you have it) and we can tell you what year it is.

50shooter

My trucks have all been titled in IL. I used the numbers 0525-xxxxx as the VIN numbers. These are also the numbers that are listed on the frame just inside the drivers side front wheel.

As far as year, there may be a number stamped on the data plate that is like 04N - xxx71. The last 2 digits signify the year 1971.

If your DMV gets picky about having a 17 digit VIN, combine the 2 numbers above and bingo, you have 17 digits. My DMV was fine with just the first set.

It has worked for me so I hope it is right but I'm no expert.

Good Luck

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the very first post in this thread...2009 vin info thread

It will tell you what information to enter and the proper way to enter it in a reply to the thread...in a day or two The all-knowing, all-seeing CARNAC will tell you the year, and all kinds of good information about your truck

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yeah, good luck getting that from GL. You're better off to go through the sf-97 process and get the FL title for it.

jj9620

Thanks for all your help I,ll send numbers so I can get more info on my truck ill send somtime this weekend im on my way to tx with more military toys for a unit

DeuceNewbie

Ok folks either im just flat out stupid or i can go with the newbie excuse.....i have searched all over the frame...my truck had fresh paint when i picked it up at GL(but i did a good job scratchin it up hauling brush last weekend), i can not find the serial number anywhere...anyone have a pic of where the number should be stamped on the frame just inside the wheel?? because i have looked everywhere and can not find it!

The only numbers i have are etched in the datasheet by the glove box, this is what i have:
- an 11 digit stock number starting in 2320
-a 17 digit ID number starting with 04j
-and a contract number DAAE-XX-XX-X-XXXX

manufactured by kaiser jeep corp

I really appreciate any help ya'll can provide as i need to file for my sf-97....what numbers do i use?

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is at the 10 oclock position when you have your head on the top of the driverside tire. It will be approx 2" up from the bottom. You might need to scrape paint to see it but it should be there. It should look something similar to: 0525-xxxxx (all numbers) and the numbers should be 1/2" tall. Hope that helps.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
It is at the 10 oclock position when you have your head on the top of the driverside tire. It will be approx 2" up from the bottom. You might need to scrape paint to see it but it should be there. It should look something similar to: 0525-xxxxx (all numbers) and the numbers should be 1/2" tall. Hope that helps.
\\

Correct but if the truck is an old A1 brought up to A2 standards, then the number is on the passenger side, same vicinity, and should start with an M and be around 6 or 7 digits. Opt for it being a straight A2. Ain't a whole lot of the converted ones out here.

The 02jxxxx is your registration number. That can help determining the year IF, IF someone didn't screw up painting the number on there correctly. Much better off having the serial number.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only numbers i have are etched in the datasheet by the glove box, this is what i have:
- an 11 digit stock number starting in 2320
-a 17 digit ID number starting with 04j
-and a contract number DAAE-XX-XX-X-XXXX

...what numbers do i use?
You have the numbers if front of you on the data plate. The 17 digit number is the Registration number and the Serial number combined.

Here is an example. This is from one of my parts trucks.
04C-90570-0325-29486

The 04C-90570 is the registration number and 0325-29486 is the serial number. This 9 digit number should be stamped on the frame on the drivers dide. You can use any combination but the proper way is to use the serial number. I have received paperwork with it listed both ways.

The only thing you do not have is the date of manufature. Post your info in CARNACS thread http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/33114-2009-vin-info-thread.html and he can get you that info. Make sure you read the first post.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks