• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

run flat help

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fit on (as mentioned before) the humvee 16.5 inch rims.. Unsure if they act as beadlocks, I imagine so, but cant confirm.

Bias tires suck!

Dieselsmoke

Those are the type designed for use with the bias ply HMMWV tires my understanding is they do work as a beadlock. They are magnesium, they are great for bonfires :)

M1075

Rizzo-

I have picked up some of the tires/rims to put on my M1008, but haven't started that project yet. The bolt pattern should be the same, but the offset/backspacing is different. I plan to either change from SRW to DRW hubs in the front, add spacers, or recenter the wheels. I think you have do to one of the three and probably add some lift to get them to fit.

It seems like 100 lots of those tires/rims recently sold on GL. Unfortunately for you, your lots are in 3 pieces (unassembled) meaning you'll pay at least $150 ($50 opening bid x 3) to get them. You could have bought as many lots of 4 on GL as you wanted recently for $50, assembled.

Those mag inserts/runflats are the original design. Pretty sure they provide double beadlock as well.

Dieselsmoke

M1075 said:
The bolt pattern should be the same, but the offset/backspacing is different. I plan to either change from SRW to DRW hubs in the front, add spacers, or recenter the wheels.
M1075, you are right the bolt pattern is the same. There are severa companies out there that will recenter the wheel pretty inexpensively now too.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reason all the Bias stuff is showing up on GL is that as the humvee fleet goes thur RESET, they are all being upgraded, and one of the upgrades is from Bias to Radials

rice

They are selling a lot of the 1100x16 radial run flats on the LAV wheels. I bought some last week, I just have to get them broke down and get the run flat out to put on M37 wheels now.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Runflats invariably make it tough to balance your tires. Fine for combat use, but they all jitter like crazy on the freeway.

At least on hummers.

dg

rice

I got the run flats out of the 1100x16`s. It was much easier than I thought. But I wouldn`t want to try to put one back. What do these LAV wheels fit, its a big 8 lug pattern?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks