• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody have spare Wellman 070

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Anybody have a spare set of Wellman 070 glowplugs for sale? PM me if you do.

The ones I got from egay were the wrong ones.

Looks like I may have to crack start the truck in the morning/this week until I can get them in and replaced.

91W350

No help there. Mine had AC130 plugs in it. None were mushroomed and they came out very easily. I bought new AC plugs at Auto zone and had to trim all the spades for the connectors to go on I just used a Dremel tool and a sanding drum and sanded the sides of the spades down. Maybe a minute a plug. I wanted Wellman 070s, due to them being so highly recommended here, but nobody locally had them. Glen

mangus580

CARNAC... for the record, the 050 are the ones used by the '12v' guys. You could put them in, and move the wire up to the 12v junction block to get you through in a pinch.

zyrtecx

The following have Wellman 070 Glow Plugs
The correct part number is 6A843G070

Try the following, they seem to have a good price for 8 correct Wellamn's 8 for $59.96

IND USA Distributing
9871 S. Belmar Place
Terre Haute, Indiana 47802
Phone: 812-249-9940
Email: indusadist@ma.rr.com
Web Site: www.indusadist.com

mangus580

The following have Wellman 070 Glow Plugs
The correct part number is 6A843G070

Try the following, they seem to have a good price for 8 correct Wellamn's 8 for $59.96

IND USA Distributing
9871 S. Belmar Place
Terre Haute, Indiana 47802
Phone: 812-249-9940
Email: indusadist@ma.rr.com
Web Site: www.indusadist.com
I am pretty sure Carnac's problem is, he ordered a set from them, and got the wrong ones.... now is in a jam.

raiburn

AC g60's are kickin' butt in my '28. You should crimp on new ends to fit the bigger spade terminals of any new plugs. Bad connections in this system starts a domino effect of not goodness.

acesneights1

What voltage are the Wellmans ? 24v ? I have a set of AC delco 15's that I believe to be 24v that someone put in my CUCV. I took them out and put 60gs in The 15's have round connector. If they are what you need you can have them for what ever shipping is but I can't guarantee the condition.

acesneights1

OH god no... Stay away from WAP's. They don't last long and have been known to swell and be a bitch to get out. AC Delco's are the way to go.

acesneights1

The cucv should have a 12 volt plug. The round connectors are for the humvee and are 24 bolt.
Yeah I found that out the hard way. Some idiot put them in my CUCV before I bought it. Made 8 little adapters. The truck wouldn't start good at all cold. I put 60gs in and 1/2 crank it's running. Night and day.

jumpmasterjim

I hope that was a one time mistake on Ind USA because I ordered 3 sets last week from them. I've never had a problem from them before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks