• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MultiFuel question for M185A3

markpeltier

I have an AM General M185A3. It has a Hercules engine that was put in in 1992. The multifuel component is not the same as it appears in the 34P manual. The multifuel was bypassed by previous owner, and am unsure how to hook it up properly. Can anyone help?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go to the deuce section, cranetruck posted a great article on how it's done. Complete with pics. Most crate motors were set up for diesel only because if the gaskets in the fuel denesity compensator leak it will dump fuel into the engine oil. So they bypassed it to prevent oil doulition. And the could easily convert it to multifuel in the field. That doesen't mean that they all leak. Just that they were tring to prevent it. Both of mine are multifuel and i've never had a problem with the FDC leaking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks