• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any CUCV owners in Ft. Wayne, In.?

raiburn

I've never seen any in or around the Fort except for mine. There also is one '09 at a salvage yard here in town. I'm thinkin' 'bout startin' up a posse...

Phily

I'll join when I finally acquire mine. I had my last truck stolen from me so It's gonna be a while until I save up enough cash to buy one. I live close to Ft Wayne and party there often.:arrow:

wlreeds

I am in Huntington and just purchased a 1985 M1010 Ambulance. I am currently waiting for it to be released and get it shipped from Minnesota.

I'd be interested in getting together with some fellow CUCV owners in the area.

By the way, I was up on Hwy 3 north of the Fort this weekend and saw 2 CUCVs in a used car lot for sale. I think they were asking $5K for them. Maybe a couple of more potential "posse" members in the near future?

I'll post again when I get delivery.

A3superdeuce

I live outside of Bluffton just south of Ft. Wayne. I have 2 deuce and a halfs as well as a M1008 with a radio shelter in it and I'm selling off my M1009.
I worked on these trucks when they were new in the army and it brings back a lot of memories ( both good and bad);-)

Phily

I live outside of Bluffton just south of Ft. Wayne. I have 2 deuce and a halfs as well as a M1008 with a radio shelter in it and I'm selling off my M1009.
I worked on these trucks when they were new in the army and it brings back a lot of memories ( both good and bad);-)
PM sent.

wlreeds

Good to know there is some local mechanical experience nearby. This will be my first diesel and my first military surplus vehicle. Hopefully you will be available for some questions when problems arise. In my youth I did a complete rebuild on a '77 Blazer with a 400cid small block. Not afraid to delve into the unknown and get my hands dirty.

Looks like 4 possibles to start raiburn's posse. Maybe Phily will be interested in your M1009 for sale?

A3superdeuce

I"ll try to answer any questions I can, if not there are alot of guys on here that have done alot more trouble shooting on the problems as these trucks age.
I stopped by a local lot yesterday and alked with the owner about a truck he had that was giving him some starting issues.
I'm starting to look at going to Haspin next June along with my boys for the SS gathering there. Sounds like a fun place to camp and play in the mud for a couple of days.

wlreeds

I"ll try to answer any questions I can, if not there are alot of guys on here that have done alot more trouble shooting on the problems as these trucks age.
I stopped by a local lot yesterday and alked with the owner about a truck he had that was giving him some starting issues.
I'm starting to look at going to Haspin next June along with my boys for the SS gathering there. Sounds like a fun place to camp and play in the mud for a couple of days.
How do I find out more about this rally? Where is Haspin? Having a June deadline to get the truck squared up will keep me motivated. If it is a long trip, maybe we can arrange a little convoy down there.

Sounds like fun and would be neat to see what others are doing with their trucks.

Somemedic

If any of you boys make it out west let a brother know. Put me in your cell as well incase youre out this way and need roadside recovery 219 5124788. I have a buddy with a 5ton wrecker, my m35 has a tow bar, and Im pretty tight with a couple of motorpool gurus.

wlreeds

If any of you boys make it out west let a brother know. Put me in your cell as well incase youre out this way and need roadside recovery 219 5124788. I have a buddy with a 5ton wrecker, my m35 has a tow bar, and Im pretty tight with a couple of motorpool gurus.
Thanks Somemedic. I really appreciate that offer.

I can't offer you all those resources, but, if you're in Huntington and need a couple of spare hands, a warm dry place, a bite to eat and a beverage, I can take care of that for you. (260) 356-7461.

Bill

wlreeds

I'll join when I finally acquire mine. I had my last truck stolen from me so It's gonna be a while until I save up enough cash to buy one. I live close to Ft Wayne and party there often.:arrow:
I was up on Hwy 3/ Lima Rd again yesterday and dropped by the used car lot that had the MVs for sales. They have one M1008 and three M1009s. They are asking $4K each.

The name of the place was "Druley Investment Inc" and it is just north of the mall where Home Depot and Gander Mountain are. May be worth a drive if you are still in the market.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks