• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My deuce deadlined me, Read the TM

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Just to catch everyone up. Keep in mind I am on blood thinners.

I screwed up 2 weeks ago. While dropping the spare on my deuce, I did something I knew better and have read and have been warned not to do. I didn't have a solid grip on my tire iron holding my spare up and it came around and whacked me in the nose. I got off lucky. I still have my eye and all my teeth but had 4 fractures in my nose and got 13 stitches in my nose (10 outside/3 inside). Getting stitches inside the nose is not an experiece you want even with lidocane. It's the wrenching of the nose not the needle penetration that hurt but not totally a killer pain.

Almost a week after the incident, I had to return to the ER due to a nose bleed. I had been have them off and on until my return to the ER. The nose bleed that sent me back last 5 hrs and I was getting weak. It bled 2 days later for about 45 minute to 1 hr. A lot of accumulated blood loss.

Yesterday at work ole faithful cut loose again. Trip to a local clinic and they gave up and I had to drive (understand I had to drive) to the hospital. They took me right away ahead of everyone else (amazing since I've waited hrs before). Then I had the most painful experience I think I've ever had, they stuffed a ballon cath up my nose and inflated it without pain meds or numbing. I still hurt thinking about it. All it did was redirect the blood to my throat (worse).

btw: everyone was to give their BS advice of pinch your nose and tilt your head back. Then there was the stupid tatooed redneck that gives me the nice words after I went into the ER, "That don't look too good".

So after 6 hrs since it started of bleeding like a stuck pig, they wheel me in the ER. Gotta say my total ER time was probably less than half this. It took me 45 min to drive to a competent ER. They found the bleed and had it stopped within 5 minutes of surgery. Spent the night in the hospital for blood loss but deadlined until next week. Anymore blood loss will force them to tranfuse which I was offered but passed since they said I was borderline. Last crit I remember them saying was 37 but that was before I lost another pint. I suspect I lost 2-3 pints yesterday that I saw in the 3 different containers used to collect it.

For this coming week, I'll probably be on here alot and will probably be rambling like I am now. Due to the swelling and pain, I am on some heavy duty pain meds. I'm also not hearing well due to blood backing up into my ears. Hurts to talk probably due to the ET tube. So expect a lot of long rambling messages this week that maybe incomplete, rude, stupid, mindless, or whatever. Clinto or whoever can delete them at will as he/they see fit.

Bottom line is all you newbs that don't read the TM.....

I have read the TM. I knew better to maintain a tight firm grip on the handle. I still got F'd up bad. Let this be a warning. Read the TM and abid by them. I know it's not really possible for us but if possible always have someone there to help. You don't want to have happen what I had happen..... and it can and will happen!!!

Forgot to mention but Peecock just reminded me, no I dont have any photos. Now I have to put up with that stupid thread.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I hope you feel better soon. If you need any help, you have my #.

Any messages you post that are hilarious will be locked safely in the SS vault for posterity! rofl

bassetdeuce

Thank you for that Carnac, I hope you will feel better soon. So many of these details are easy to overlook, I will heed your warning when I drop my spare.

Westech

CPL
OUCH! Hope all is well soon!

My friend Split open his arm one late night of working on his 72 Nova... I saw his arm blow open and I got up and said " TO THE ER BATTMAN!".

OldGoat

Ouch! I did something stupid. it happens faster than you would think. I have a old Gto, and was putting the clips on my new u joints. I tapped one with a hammer slightly, and it sprung back & hit me in the eye. Most of the time I will wear safety goggles, but I wasn't then. I got a trip to the emergency room myself. Ok now, but it took some time.

Srjeeper

Kevin, my prayers are with you, hope your recovery is swift and alot less painful.

Last time I laid eyes on you at Gilbert, your nose and forehead were all banged up.

You gotta learn to quit stopin things with your face brother..:doh::drool:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, we have a bleeder here!:p

Rest up and take care:wink:

BTW, what's your blood-type? We should all consider or reconsider giving blood whenever we have the opportunity.

Ah, wanna trade some blood for Deuce parts?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Blood type is O Neg. If folks were stationed in Germany/Europe during the 80's, you can't give blood due to potential exposure to mad cow. But yes, folks should give blood if they can. IF (big IF) we deploy another 40K troops, we need to do something. Hey, maybe deuce rides if you donate, show up at the next blood drive with the deuce.

As for drugs, I think I might need something even stronger. Man this hurts.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kevin, Take care of yourself and by all means get online and ramble on. I for one will most likely enjoy the ramblings. :wink:

Ouch!!

sw

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks