• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PITA starter

bkwudzhom

I picked up my M1008 a while ago and almost made it home. I found that the starter had broken a bolt and the end bracket wasnt there.
I was able to remove the frag remains of the broken bolt fairly easy and was able to acquire new bolts and a bracket from the dealership for less than $10. I reinstalled the starter and NOTHING not even a click.
I planned to pick up the under dash relay to install tomorrow but discovered a fried wire under the hood. It is a blue fuseable link on the power strip. What does it connect to and where do I find a replacement?

Blood_of_Tyrants

I don't know where it went, but you can download the -20 tech manual and go waaaaay down to about page 900 or so and view the wiring diagrams. It probably goes to one of the alternators.

airmech3839

Looks like you are gonna have to repair the wire....or buy a harness....doubt you wanna do that...looking at IPC and MM looks like the link is in line with wire and would need to be spliced in....maybe I can comeover this weekend and bring my meter and some tools and we can troubleshoot a little better...hands on!!! you grilling right??? lol

hope this helps Jody

bkwudzhom

Got the tools and the meter. Just need the time-an extra set of hands sure would save some time. Dont mind deer burgers do ya?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks